When did this all begin for you?

I Guess im the most diverse person here!!! :heh:

i listen to alot of stuff from hardcore rap to east coast and alot of typs of hip hop and rap not that stuff you see on TV i love lyricist, i listen to some Nu Metal Groups, i like old school metal along with others, some of my fav groups are Iron Maiden, In Flames, Some Opeth, new fan of Evergrey :D , i like some disturbed, don't know who elts likes groups like Lacuna Coil, i listen to Nevermore, older Metallica, some Megadeth, just alot of groups,

i always liked metal but recently i started getting more into it.

also listen to Ill Nino and stuff like that, and i like a few R&B artist as well, there might be a country artist or 2 i might listen to so when it comes to music i like alot of things.

For me Evergrey is a new band, only hearing of them last fall. I have been a hair band guy since the 80's and may have lost the mullet, but never lost the faith. Before that I listened to Meatloaf, Kiss, Styx and most top 40 crap. I never took to the grunge thing. I LOVE terrifying guitar solos.......so Seattle was a boar. I started working at a music store in 89 and became totally exposed to everything. Not only do I have every EG CD....I am probably the only one on the board to own all of John Mayers stuff too. The only thing I can't get into is rap, opera and metal that I can't understand what they are saying(unless it has ruthless guitar)!!!!!:headbang: .

In high school a friend handed me Metallica - S&M and told me to learn "For Whom The Bell Tolls" on guitar for a talent thing. Initially I hated it, but it grew on me, and oh did it grow on me. Evergrey came into the picture while discovering prog metal.

As for "extreme" metal, I'd say Opeth - Blackwater Park was my gateway to death metal and beyond. I am now a fan of every single facet of metal, as well as what I listened to before I discovered them - rock, alternative, jazz, blues, classical, latin, fusion... and I'm down with the better bands from pop, funk, rap, soul, new age and folk too. if it rocks it rocks, genre regardless.

Probably what made my music change was seeing "Miss you love" by silverchair on a local tv station. I was in aw and that's when I decided to sell all of my old cds. I'm still a huge silverchair fan.

Evergrey came into my life when I was watching the same local tv station and I saw the video for "I'm Sorry", I went out and purchased Recreation Day the next day. :D

I'm pretty open to music. I like anything from Johnny Cash,Ani Difranco,Blind Guardian,sonic youth..anything

My neighbor had about 300-400 cds by the time we were 16 so I was always over there listening to new stuff every day. He got me mostly into Metallica, Rammstein, Megadeth (gave me RIP as a first album from them) and then I kinda just took it from there. A lot of the bands that I've started listening to recently though I've picked up from different reviews, people at work, and just plain boredom while listening to internet radio.

I first found out about Evergrey by seeing the video for 'Blinded' on headbanger's ball. I had turned it on just when they started the headstock camera shot on the solo and I thought "holy crap, this is sweet".

When I was 15, I was on my cousin's very boring communion, and asked my brother how to play Nothing Else Matters, and this was the day I started to play guitar and listen to Metal. After a time i purchased all Metallica albums and was big Metallica fan. But I also listened to Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest...
One day i was looking through my brother's cd collection and saw this awesome Recreation Day cover...I lended it first... Then I saw The Inner Circle in a store and purchased it... I think this was Winter 2004/05... then I got the first time on the Evergrey homepage and listened to the SAmples and was fascinated and bought the other albums...
I love Evergrey's music...

My interest in Evergrey first started back in 2003. I didn't really listen to any music all that much, except for Weird Al Yankovic, of course. I was bored with my small music collection, so I figured I'd look into some different stuff. I have DirecTV, and back then it came with some free Music Choice radio channels like Alterative, Rock, Classic Rock, and Metal. I had turned on the Metal channel for the first time and the song that was playing was "The Great Deceiver" by you know who. I was floored, and I had to find out more about this band Evergrey. I went into a nearby mall that had a Sam Goody record store, went to the metal section, and bought Recreation Day (Limited Edition). I couldn't stop listening to the album, it was so great. Still to this day it is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Shortly after all this, I would tune into Headbanger's Ball (which had conviently returned all of a sudden), and it was there that I saw the video for Hammerfall's "Hearts On Fire," another favorite of mine, along with EG's "Blinded" video. I also got into Soilwork (don't hate me), Megadeth, Children Of Bodom, Angra, Green Carnation, Dimmu Borgir, Therion, and (quite possibly my greatest discovery) Eric Johnson. So much dominant music, and Evergrey deserves the credit for helping to kickstart my interest.