How did you come across Anthrax?

I was about ten and my father brought home a videotape full of videos and there was Madhouse. The rest is a history.

I got into Anthrax as a boy way back in, oh,I would have to say 1989. I remeber a friend of mine had a couple of tapes for me to listen to. Somehow he had gotten them free and let me borrow them. One was Spreading the Disease, and the other was Dr.Feelgood, by Motley Crue. Well I had never heard of Anthrax, so I did not think much of it, but Motley Crue was at the height of there popularity, so I of coarse listened to that right away. Well one day I decided to put in this "Anthrax Tape". I was blown away!!! When A.i.r. kicked in I was hooked. I was turned on to Heavy Metal, and have never looked back. Now I like alot of different kinds of music, but Metal has a special place in my heart. Spreading the Disease did just what it promised to do. I remember my friend saying he had created a monster, and that he did. I could not get enough of the band and bought everything I could find.

I found Headbanger's Ball one night when my sister's stupid friend was "babysitting" me but too busy making out with her boyfriend on the couch to notice that I was still awake at one in the morning. I was eight. That's when I got into like...everything. I kept sneaking up for years afterward until I went into that "Screw you, I'll do what I want" phase we all hit in our teen years, and then just stayed up for it. I talked my sister (10 years older than me) into buying whatever the hell sounded good over the weekend and then sharing a room with her wasn't quite as bad anymore. And the rest is history.

My brother forgot to fill out his little card for Columbia House and the selection of the month was "State Of Euphoria." We were both pretty pissed (neither of us were into metal), but it did come with a pretty cool sticker! I decided to give it a listen, and I've been a fan ever since.

Coop

I first got into thrax when i got into megadeth about 2 years ago. like right now im a sophomore in high school and i found out the joy of thrash/speed metal in 9th grade and found my calling. Soon thereafter i picked up my first real speed metal cd, megadeth - Rust In Peace, i was hooked, hearing holy wars and hangar 18 it was over. I then persued music and ran into thrax and found albums such as persistance of time, firstfull of metal, spreading the disease. and no matter how much i hated belladonna's vocals there was no way he could fuck the sound of benante's insane drums and ian's awesome guitar. thats my story and im fucking glad i found speed metal,

Never Sellout

Slayer

I found the "I'm the Man" EP in a bargain bin at Zeller's during a spare in Grade 10, and listened to it until the next class. After school, I went and picked up ATL because I wanted the studio version of Caught in a Mosh. About two weeks later, SOE came out, and I was hooked.

It wasn't until John joined the band that they became my favorite band thoguh.

I came across Anthrax by pure luck. I was surfing for music to listen too at work 4 years ago. I found Jukebox.com, I think. It was cool they had all sorts of music in realaudio streaming format that you could listen too. Anthrax was near the top of the list for metal with Volume 8. I listened too it and thought, fuck yeah this rocks. I soon bought Stomp 442. (Because I couldn't find Volume 8 at the time.) And I've been buying more and more ever since.

Actually, when I was in fifth grade one of the only heavy bands at the time I was listening to was Metallica! I remember I was just getting in skateboarding(this was like 1986) and I had bought a new Hit Parader(was a cool magazine) just for some Metallica pictures that were in it. But I remember looking through the T-Shirt section, and seeing the Anthrax T-Shirt with the Not Man Skating, and that turned me on big time! I remember thinking "Hey, that band might be more my style", "hey, atleast they like skateboards". Living in Wyoming at the time, I had no idea who Anthrax was, or what they sounded like so I had to take a chance on purchasing a album, but I can certainly say that this band is one of the best bands I ever found! My first purchase was "Among the Living" a couple days later and I was blown the fuck away to say the least! All my fifth grade classmates thought I was crazy, (you must remember that in Wyoming people actually know what Anthrax is other than the band)! For the rest of that year I listened to "Among the Living", "Spreading the disease", "Kill Em All", "Masters of Puppets", what a great year!

I was living in Brooklyn NYC at the time (1987 god I'm getting old) and my friend brings over this tape and he goes " You gotta listen to this!!" It was the I'm the Man EP. At first I thought they were black but then I looked at the cover and I laughed and they looked all funny on the cover. After that the snowball effect came into play and it is all history after that. The things I love about them the had a sense of humor, they were anti-racist, the lyrics were about issues that no other metal band wanted to touch and they are HEAVY as hell!