How long have you been listening to Anthrax ?

Well, I never really bothered to check out Anthrax for the longest time, because when I was little, I remember my older cousin owned an album (probably Killer B's) and I remember him talking about how they did a rap song. That always stuck with me for years and years, so I never really checked them out because I've always despised rap music.

I think I may have downloaded a song or two just to hear what they sounded like at one point in 99 or so but it was a Joey era tune and I couldn't stand his vocals, so that was that. So I got into Anthrax a lot later than most of you.

Then in the summer of 2000...that Maximum Rock Pay Per View (had an illegal satellite dish back then and got everything LOL!) came on with Anthrax, Megadeth, and Motley Crue. Anthrax opened with Among The Living and BLEW ME AWAY. And I fucking loved the vocals - it wasn't the horrible high pitched, off-key whining from the song I had previously downloaded. One of my friends went to Circuit City and picked up the last copy of Volume 8...there were no more left and I couldn't find it anywhere, so I copied his. Of course, I eventually bought every single one of the albums (and I own both the Ignition and the Sanctuary reissue of Vol. 8). Saw them live when they opened for Ripper-fronted Judas Priest in 2002 (when they were playing Superhero as a tease of the upcoming album) and they blew me away. Saw them live 5 more times on the WCFYA tour and once for the Greater Of Two Evils tour and they never let me down live a single time. Anthrax with John Bush and Rob Caggiano is my favorite live band ever.

Anthrax was to me what metallica was to others. I loved the aggression of the music and the melody of Joey's voice. Seen thrax 4 times from SOE to POT and the Clash tour (them in particular) still is my favorite concert.

i went to zig zag records on ave u in brooklyn the fall of 84(?). We had heard it was the coolest record store for older kids at school. When I walked in an "old guy" with a long mustache, stringy hair and a bald patch was behind the counter. I was overwelmed and intimated. My friends and I were listening to black sabbath, led zep, etc. But we had also heard Accept, Anvil, Raven and Overkill from an older boy in the neighborhood We wanted something louder and faster. While looking at he covers of Kerrang and Metal Forces, we nervously we asked the guy if he could recommend any new metal bands to us. He handed me the new anthrax. fist full of metal. the new metallica kill em all. and something by motorhead. John, my friend, took the metallica and I got the anthrax cd. We brought it to his house and played my record first. I'll never ever forget hearing metal thrashing mad for the first time. I have never been so excited by a song. By the end of that day my life was forever changed.