old peavey mixing board....

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
got a peavey mc-16 mark 2 mixing board today for free :headbang:

Yea its pretty old but it works great only 1 bad fader but channel still works fine. I'm wondering is it cool to use each channel as a Mic preamp and just use the send from (send and receive) and send to my digi 001?

I'm pretty sure there is no eq this way but all my other preamp have no eq and i don't know how usable this eq would be anyway :rolleyes:

Also what kind of cables to i want to buy to run from the send to my digi 001 interface if this is cool to do??

Yea board only has xlr/bal Mic input and 1/4 line/unbalanced input and then the 1/4in send and receive thats in for each channel.

found some pics of the 12 channel version which is the same just 4 less channels.

0b_1.jpg

<br>
a7_1.jpg

I think you would need balanced jack cables as it has a separate send and return on it. I would also think that the insert point is post EQ so you would still have the option of the EQ.

Got inserts? Use them as direct outs (fuck the eq's and faders). On the other hand, peavey mixing boards are pieces of crap ime.

it says preamp above were there is the send and return and other than that its just mic input xlr and 1/4.

When uou used a balanced cable is it sposed to like click in twice while inserting??

would it hurt if i used balanced cables and its not balanced??

or vice versa like a unbalanced cable and it was balance and how do i figure out what it is without a manual??

Dumb questions i know but im new with a mixing board :headbang:

Theres little point having a separate send and return on the insert rather than a trs send and return unless its balanced. From what I remember the inputs on the 001 are unbalanced so this would mean your cables should be balanced at the mixer end and not at the 001 end (if Im right) Although if you use balanced both ends it wont hurt anything you will just have 2 earths on the cable.