Old School's YouTube Thread

If anyone wonders why the Dynamo club has such a good reputation, watch this clip! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh nice! One of the first goth metal bands to feature a female singer. Their debut album was kickass. :kickass:

Woah, Dawn Crosby is dead? I had no idea. That sucks.
Just in case you are interested, there´s still a website about Dawn, Détente and Fear Of God, run by a Dutch guy. You find it here. There are also two live-clips from a concert in Belgium in 1992 on youtube (I think I posted the links somewhere on the previous page), but the quality is rather poor.

The song rips but I can't believe that video got the approval of the band (or of anyone).:erk:

I have never been a real fan of IE but this song it's VERY good, as for the video, the idea itself was good. I mean it have a lot of the original "Heavy Metal" motion picture and from "Stargate" movie but alas the execution of the plot in the video is lousy and repetitive not achieving its (supposedly IMO) goal.
Again it was good to hear nice metal with a cheesy video :headbang:

Oh hell yeah. That clip is probably my favorite part from the whole Electric Eye DVD. I wish they'd done something else from Sad Wings of Destiny on that show (preferably Victim of Changes), but getting footage of Dreamer/Deceiver is already priceless.

According to a Judas Priest bootleg site I've found, the whole 1978 Tokyo concert was broadcast on Japanese TV. If there's any justice in this world, that thing will eventually wind up on DVD. :Smokin:

Bow to the Frost!

Absolutely stunning pre-AC/DC Bon Scott video, guess you all saw it somewhere , but I never did :p

This is really beat-up and grainy, but I think it's cool that such a thing exists.

I was unaware of how briefly Mustaine and Burton played together. I got the idea from Metallica documentaries that their days playing San Francisco and the reputation developed in that town were what earned them a recording deal.

Now I realize that Metallica played only a handful of shows in SF before recording Kill 'em All, and that Burton joined in December of '82, and didn't start playing 'til March of '83. Mustaine was already fired by the beginning of April that year, and then Kill 'em All was recorded. What a perilously short window. That means most of the music on Kill 'em All was likely written before Burton joined the band.

http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/timeline.htm

Some of this footage appeared on Cliff 'em All (and is thus better preserved), but most did not. Without further ado...

Motorbreath

Hit the Lights

Am I Evil?

Anesthesia

Seek and Destroy

Phantom Lord

Whiplash

Mechanix

Jump in the Fire