Old shit remix

nichiz

Feb 13, 2013
My old band mate and i decided we should compile our old bands material and remix all of it and than release it on spotify an other platforms. This song is well over ten years old recording so i try my best to make it work. thanks god for Di recording. Hope u like it and have a sweet weekend.

Hmm. The drum performance is perhaps too sloppy even for fixing with editing. It has it's good moments like the section starting around 1:15. But the sense of timing is too much off during syncopating rhythms. Certain organic feel could definitely work in the genre, but the patterns are too complex for allowing the timing to wander, and it makes anticipation of the beats hard. The overall sound is perhaps sharp/drilling with much of 3-5kHz. Stringed instrument performances are good, and the lead singers voice/style is spot on. The tuning is sometimes a bit flat, but I think it suits the punkish trashy feel. The guitar solo with it's camp style in-your-face attitude is very appealing. I'd recommend figuring out a way of getting the drums under control (re-record with much simpler patterns?) and then revising the overall sound of mix. It's not bad, but there's a lot of work and fixing ahead if you're trying to get it tight and punchy. ^_^

Hmm. The drum performance is perhaps too sloppy even for fixing with editing. It has it's good moments like the section starting around 1:15. But the sense of timing is too much off during syncopating rhythms. Certain organic feel could definitely work in the genre, but the patterns are too complex for allowing the timing to wander, and it makes anticipation of the beats hard. The overall sound is perhaps sharp/drilling with much of 3-5kHz. Stringed instrument performances are good, and the lead singers voice/style is spot on. The tuning is sometimes a bit flat, but I think it suits the punkish trashy feel. The guitar solo with it's camp style in-your-face attitude is very appealing. I'd recommend figuring out a way of getting the drums under control (re-record with much simpler patterns?) and then revising the overall sound of mix. It's not bad, but there's a lot of work and fixing ahead if you're trying to get it tight and punchy. ^_^
Yeah i know it all. the drum are way to sloppy. we recorded in our studio long time ago. i think low mids maybe should benefit a boost overall. I Know much of the tracks me and my band did while ago are sloppy and not perfect but hey we did it and here it it´s. this song was recorded on a Line6 ux2 and a zoom for drums right in the box. it´s not perfect but its a song from 10 years ago.

Heres another song from my old band. I think the song is recorded like 2002 because the backup says 2003. i can´t tell fo shure. yeye

Yeah i know it all. the drum are way to sloppy. we recorded in our studio long time ago. i think low mids maybe should benefit a boost overall. I Know much of the tracks me and my band did while ago are sloppy and not perfect but hey we did it and here it it´s. this song was recorded on a Line6 ux2 and a zoom for drums right in the box. it´s not perfect but its a song from 10 years ago.

Ok. Well, if you want to proceed with already recorded material and have access to the original multitracks, I'd suggest you try to rework the mix to slightly bring out the vocals and soften the upper middle frequencies of guitars with eq. Or if you're already happy with the results and showcasing the material, then I can just enjoy the works. ^_^

Ok. Well, if you want to proceed with already recorded material and have access to the original multitracks, I'd suggest you try to rework the mix to slightly bring out the vocals and soften the upper middle frequencies of guitars with eq. Or if you're already happy with the results and showcasing the material, then I can just enjoy the works. ^_^

Rework the mix a little. Think it´s a lot better now. Still some work left on it but getting there