Oldschool Dvd Recommendations

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
It seem like it has been ages since I bought any Music Dvd's.
Anyone buy anything recently that you'd recommend?
I saw the Classic Albums dvd for Deep Purple's Machine Head.
I love those documentary type things that label puts out...
Anyone seen or own that one? Is it good?
What about the Sex Pistols Classic Albums dvd?

Didn't know you were a pistols fan! Learn something new everyday. The last few music dvd's I bought were the MAIDEN videos, KISS Symphony, Sammy Hagar Long Road To Cabo (a MUST HAVE for sammy/vh fans) and a couple of bootleg Motley and VH. The next legit music dvd I'll buy will be the MOTLEY VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for that one. I finally splurged and got Cliff Em All on dvd too, just for the archives.

I'm waiting for the CRUE dvd to come out too. I'm more interseted in it, cos' of the inclusion of the Corabi era material(videos). I also read that Sixx & Lee have taped an all new interview for this package.

I will also be on the hunt for the Hagar DVD. My opinion, the best of the three Van Halen "singers." Roth beats him out as far as showman. That will only take you so far. I'm not a "hardcore" Pistols fan, but they are a band that I was into back in the day. It's not like there's a whole lot of musicianship there... Like anyone really cites Sid Vicious as a musical influence?! I'm sure there's some out there, but...

mrbluelouboyle said:
I just got the Dio-Evil or Divine DVD. Very nice, Doug Aldrich on guitar, good show recorded at Roseland N.Y. ,on Fri. the 13th no less. Nice interview as part of the extras.
I bought that one about a month & a half ago. I agree with your. That Dvd/concert is great from start to finish. I even got to see the video for "push" for the first time. Great track.

Slayer - War at The Warfield

Any Iron Maiden DVD you can find

Judas Priest - Live In London

Helloween - High Live

Black Sabbath - Never Say Die (bootleg I found at Best Buy)

Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of The Devil (bootleg I found at Best Buy)

Black Label Society - Broozed, Boozed and Broken Boned

Overkill - Wrecking Everything Live

IcedMadness said:
Slayer - War at The Warfield

Any Iron Maiden DVD you can find

Judas Priest - Live In London

Helloween - High Live

Black Sabbath - Never Say Die (bootleg I found at Best Buy)

Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of The Devil (bootleg I found at Best Buy)

Black Label Society - Broozed, Boozed and Broken Boned

Overkill - Wrecking Everything Live
Gotta have the Overkill one, thanks for the reminder on that! So Best buy sells unauthorized Dvd's?! Damn, it I was just there over the weekend! Is the Ozzy the show with Brad Gillis on guitar? I have that one on VHS. The Sabbath sounds cool.

sixxswine said:
Gotta have the Overkill one, thanks for the reminder on that! So Best buy sells unauthorized Dvd's?! Damn, it I was just there over the weekend! Is the Ozzy the show with Brad Gillis on guitar? I have that one on VHS. The Sabbath sounds cool.
Yes the Ozzy one does have Brad on guitar. Another DVD to get is AC/DC Live At Donnington, it's only $9.99 this week at Best Buy. If you get it next week you have to pay the full price of $17.99