Oldschool haul

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Went to the city tonight & picked up a few things...
Overkill-Horrorscope
Venom-Anthology(double disc)
Slayer-Reign In Blood(expanded version)
Couple other goodies-
Dimmu Borgir-Death Cult Armageddon
(both Dimmu Borgir & Arch Enemy will be in the arae the week of Thanksgiving, Damn!)
I also picked up a portable DVD player, get this the damn thing is all
region! I can now pick up discs from Japan & other regions...

CRIMINALLY INSANE and REIGN IN BLOOD is what comes to mind when I think of that Slayer album. That remix of Criminally Insane is wicked on that expanded version. There are alot of shitty techno remixes I heard of some bands like Sepultura and Obituary.

I picked up a bunch of CDs recently, myself. Got 'em for myself for my birthday. I got:

Alice Cooper - The Eyes of Alice Cooper (which I could the tour for)
Alice Cooper - Love it to Death
Anthrax - We've Come for You All
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death
Iced Earth - Tribute to the Gods

Love 'em all. :D

The COOPER disc (eyes of AC) is actually REALLY good, isn't it! I have to admit I wasn't expecting it to be that good but picked it up basically because it was halloween and who better to listen to driving around all day? Also Eric Singer on drums! You guys got me stoked up about him. But anyways...the disc is as good as anything in his classic eras, in my opinion! WAAAAAAAAY Better than brutal planet or dragontown!

tedvanfrehley said:
The COOPER disc (eyes of AC) is actually REALLY good, isn't it! I have to admit I wasn't expecting it to be that good but picked it up basically because it was halloween and who better to listen to driving around all day? Also Eric Singer on drums! You guys got me stoked up about him. But anyways...the disc is as good as anything in his classic eras, in my opinion! WAAAAAAAAY Better than brutal planet or dragontown!

It really is a great album! I love it! What makes me really appreciate it is that we saw him do the songs live. :D Personally, though... I like Brutal Planet and Dragontown. Especially the songs "Pick Up the Bones" and "I Just Wanna be God" :D As for Eyes.... GREAT fucking album. Not a single bad song on it! My favorites off it are "What Do You Want From Me?", "Between High School and Old School", "Detroit City", "The Song That Didn't Rhyme", and "I'm So Angry" :headbang: One among many great albums put out this year. :D

Deconstruction said:
I picked up a bunch of CDs recently, myself. Got 'em for myself for my birthday. I got:

Alice Cooper - The Eyes of Alice Cooper (which I could the tour for)
Alice Cooper - Love it to Death
Anthrax - We've Come for You All
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death
Iced Earth - Tribute to the Gods

Love 'em all. :D
Great list of music!

Hey biozombie_uk, What band is that in your avatar? That album cover looks really cool.

Here are the CD's I got this week BTW

Alice Cooper - Raise Your Fist and Yell
Fastway - Trick or Treat
Contraband - ST
Queensryche - Empire
Quiet Riot - III
Grim Reaper - Fear No Evil, See You in Hell
LA Guns - Cocked & Loaded
Vinnie Vincent Invasion - All Systems Go
Judas Priest - Hell Bent for Leather
Kiss - Love Gun, Destroyer
Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
Love/Hate - Wasted in America
Vixen - Rev it Up, ST

I got some of them really cheap from used CD bins, some from BMG CD club, and some used from Amazon.

I may go ahead and pick up that KING DIAMOND best of or the Abigail/Fatal Portrait double cd. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one???
Hey JASON! You're my kind of people! Great list there! How's the Vinnie Vincent?!?! Any good?
ted

tedvanfrehley said:
I may go ahead and pick up that KING DIAMOND best of or the Abigail/Fatal Portrait double cd. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one???
Hey JASON! You're my kind of people! Great list there! How's the Vinnie Vincent?!?! Any good?
ted
TVF, I would recommend the following, get which ever disc on this list you can't lose: Abigail, Them, Conspiracy, House of God, Fatal Portrait, killer records...

Jason said:
Hey biozombie_uk, What band is that in your avatar? That album cover looks really cool.

Here are the CD's I got this week BTW

Alice Cooper - Raise Your Fist and Yell
Fastway - Trick or Treat
Contraband - ST
Queensryche - Empire
Quiet Riot - III
Grim Reaper - Fear No Evil, See You in Hell
LA Guns - Cocked & Loaded
Vinnie Vincent Invasion - All Systems Go
Judas Priest - Hell Bent for Leather
Kiss - Love Gun, Destroyer
Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
Love/Hate - Wasted in America
Vixen - Rev it Up, ST

I got some of them really cheap from used CD bins, some from BMG CD club, and some used from Amazon.

The band are called Xentrix they where one of the best UK Thrash metal acts and a personal fave of mine there stuff is definitely worth checking out if you can find it :D

Heres the first 3 albums

Xentrix - Shattered Existence
Xentrix - For Whose Advantage?
Xentrix - Kin

Hope this helps :)

tedvanfrehley said:
ted
Oh yeah, its killer. Compared to the first, mmm, I like the first a tad bit more.

I had a pretty slow week actually. My little haul is as follows:

Arch Enemy - Anthems Of Rebellion (Ltd Edition)

The Crown - Possessed 13 (Limited)

Iced Earth - The Reckoning (Limited again)

King Diamond - The Puppet Master (what else...Limited)

The Crown - The Burning

Psychonaut said:
I had a pretty slow week actually. My little haul is as follows:

Arch Enemy - Anthems Of Rebellion (Ltd Edition)

The Crown - Possessed 13 (Limited)

Iced Earth - The Reckoning (Limited again)

King Diamond - The Puppet Master (what else...Limited)

The Crown - The Burning
A slow week from you is better than an "outstanding" week of an average Metal Head. By the way, I just picked up my ZZ Top Japanese "Mescalero" pressing at lunch. Have Mercy!