The haul thread

You could always use the dvd as a coaster while you drink beer and listen to the cd :)

Not bad, MA always needs a bit of time to work out though, Trey has a weird style of writing that has always taken a little while to click for me. It seems a little similair to Gateways from the first listen I had.

I heard a song off the new MA the other night, and thought sounded like it was a demo recorded in a well in a town south of Kabul. I hope the rest of the album is better!

It sounds much better on the actual cd, the MP3 takes a lot of the heaviness out of it, put it on a proper stereo and its rather good !:headbang:

I had these 2 waiting when I got home, they arrived from amazon, land of the many cds:

There Will Be Execution - Sinner

Book Of Lambs - Internecine

I dont like it as much as the David Vincent era stuff, I wish he would come back, Trey is a fucking fruit loop without David to pull him into line :)

Morbid Angel may have started death metal, but every other band took the wrong elements of it. MA sound nothing like any other death metal bands around today, so labeling them death metal is a bit of a misnomer.

I know what you mean though, MA always push the boundaries, but I think they are in a bit of a rut now to be honest, the new one is a bit too similair to Gateways for my liking (so far, like I said, MA albums need a little time to sink in).

And yep, Trey is a genius on guitar, but he is a fruit loop, wait until you see his thanks list in the booklet. The poor bastard has lost it, I think the Ancient Ones stole his brain.

The MA song I heard was on the radio, and still sounded shit. :) Perhaps the music will still be ok though. What do I know, I don't even own one of their albums....

Then dont start with their new one, go buy Altars Of Madness, Blessed Are The Sick or Domination, all 3 are fantastic :)

You know, I ordered these cds in 3 lots about a month and a bit apart, and they ALL arrived today. How is that possible? Amazon annoy me that way, how can things sent a month apart turn up on the same day?

The Apocalypse Manifesto - Enthroned
Between Heaven And Hell - Firewind
Determination - God Forbid
Prophet Of The Last Eclipse - Luca Turilli
Art Of Desolation - The Forsaken
Profane Genocidal Creations - Dark Fortress
Edge Of Thorns - Savatage
In The Beginning - Nile
Back For The Attack - Dokken
Celestial Entrance - Pagans Mind
Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephran-Ka - Nile
The Sham Mirrors - Arcturus
Sphynx - Melechesh
Vampyre: Symphonies From The Crypt - Midnight Syndicate
Dungeons And Dragons - Midnight Syndicate
Against The Elements - Beyond The Embrace
Best Of - Britny Fox
Suicide Vampire - Theateres Des Vampires
Best Of - Ratt
Beyond The Veil - Tristania

Melechesh is the shiznitz! :headbang:

As is Dark Fortress (from the quick listen I had...) :headbang:

Britny Fox is good too, sort of ACDCish combined with glam metal :headbang:

Phloggy, if you liked Fear And Wonder by Dimmu Borgir, you will probably like the Midnight Syndicate cds, they are all instrumentals in that sort of vein :headbang:

Yeah Britny Fox rock! I have my records signed by their drummer now! Very much like early Cinderella isn't it! But a bit more on the AC/DC side... more open chords and less power chords kinda thing than Cinderella.

Troops: Definitely, I think they have a bit of Cinderella in them, which is ok as Cinderella rock! !:headbang:

Draven: I have only listened to 2 tracks but the Dark Fortress cd was really good judging by those 2 tracks, im taking it to work today to listen to!

Nile DO sound like shit. But the In The Beginning cd is pretty good, the vocal style is way different, and I like the instrumentals they do.

Nup, and speaking of Kerry Packer, they just found a property he owns is full of rubies and stuff. Wouldnt that shit you, because he needs the money doesnt he?

Melechesh had their album cover done by ILM :headbang: :worship:

sphynx.jpg

Looks like I'll have to check out one of MA's old albums at some stage then.... :)

Haha Spawny I can't believe you keep buying Nile albums! :lol:

Bloody Kerry Packer.....bastard.