The haul thread

The Trooper said:
And it's better for "Nile" to grab your attention so you're like "ahhh he' got a Nile album, a Dokken album, a Ratt album, an In Flames album"... etc!

Personally when I'm reading a long list of albums like that, and I'm sure I speak for most other people, I wanna see what bands are there first and then if I'm interested in what album you got by that band I'll see what it is. And its quite annoying having to look for the band names at the end, they don't stick out!
[color=#aoeooa]I'd agree with that.

Plus all I've gotten recently is:

Iron Maiden - Live After Death (VHS)
Megadeth - Rusted Pieces (VHS)

Both in perfect quality also. Which I found very surprising.[/color]

I agree with Glam Boy on this one. I want to be able to see straight away which bands you bought CDs of, so that I can choose not to bother checking the names of the albums of the bands which I'm not interested in.

Whats the Rusted Pieces video like AO? Ive seen it in Utopia a few times, but never got it, is it just video clips or is it live stuff?

ch.jpg

Tr00.

Yeah just vid clips. Wake Up Dead, Peace Sells, In My Darkest Hour, Anarchy in the UK, Holy Wars and Hangar 18.

There's also probably about 10 mins in total of Dave and David (and for a bit Marty and Nick) chatting away about the videos in between each clip.

Well here a list of my most recent purchases
Deep Purple: Maiden In Japan
Powerfinger : Vulture Street
Poison : Crack a Smile .
The Purple and Poison only cost 25 bucks and Powerfinger came with a DVD and was only 20 buckls at David Jones ..............Bargins .........

Crack A Smile is the worst album Poison have ever done I think. It's the only one I don't like. Native Tongue has grown on me and I love alot of songs on that now.

The Trooper said:
Crack A Smile is the worst album Poison have ever done I think. It's the only one I don't like. Native Tongue has grown on me and I love alot of songs on that now.

Have'nt listen to it all troops, that bad huh oh well ............

Yeah kind of .........On the DVD which goes on about the making of the album the lead singer whoever he is (shocking is'nt you think i'd now) says they lost there way a little so he listened to "Highway to hell" to find where they need to got. As he put it Rock albums new the words Baby and Oh Yaeh to make tem rock...........

Cooperman said:
Yeah just vid clips. Wake Up Dead, Peace Sells, In My Darkest Hour, Anarchy in the UK, Holy Wars and Hangar 18.

There's also probably about 10 mins in total of Dave and David (and for a bit Marty and Nick) chatting away about the videos in between each clip.

[color=#aoeooa]Thats about it. Just clips and some talking. Found them both in a 2nd hand store on Chapel St.

Live after Death is awesome. :headbang:

But all you guys already know that.[/color]

Ah, so you like black metal eh, Dravenmist? ;)

Shame the new Skid Row is no good. Bugger. :(

Haha I can't believe you still buy Nile CDs, Spawny! :lol:

DravenMist said:
What are your thoughts on these albums?

Stormblast is alright, nowhere NEAR as good as their later stuff though.
The 2 Immortal ones are ok, DFMM is better because it has some nice acoustic parts, but to be honest all 3 sound so tinny, pathetic and shoddy when put up against their later works. Its like looking back at photos of yourself from 10 years ago and remembering the times, sure its interesting, but you were a fuckwit back then.

Give me PEM, Sons Of Northern Darkness and At The Heart Of Winter any day of the week!

Winmar said:
Shame the new Skid Row is no good. Bugger. :(

Haha I can't believe you still buy Nile CDs, Spawny! :lol:

I know, dont pay for it without listening to it first Winmar, its not even really a Skid Row album, its just hard rock thats not all that good except for 2 or 3 songs :cry:

Well, the demos one im looking forward to hearing as people have told me I will like it as its not like their other stuff. If worse comes to worse I can just post some reviews tearing the shit out of them, should be good for a laugh if nothing else :)

That's the spirit, Spawny. :)

I might download a few of the Skid Row songs first, to see if I like them or not. If I do I'll pick it up. If not, I won't. :(