Oldschool Haul

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Here's a list of goodie I picked up for $23.00!
Motorhead-All the Aces(double disc w/ the Muggers Tapes)
Testament-Demonic(I had never heard this disc)
Testament-The Ritual(What do you guys think of this one?)
Obituary-Back from the Dead(never heard this one either)
I could not believe how flawless these things were/are.
I could not pass them up!

sixxswine said:

I like the Ritual I thought it was great But thats just me :) What did you think of Demonic?!? You can take your copy of "Obituary - Back From The Dead" And put it into your disc drive on your Puter and you should beable to find a bunch of cool Videos!!!!

I just picked up Pro-Pain - Run for cover Now I gotta say I'm completely sick of cover albums But this one is a great exception its awsome 10 songs of asskicking Pro-Pain Action! I highly recomend this one!!

sixxswine said:
I guess ProPain will be added to the endless list of discs to pick up?!

Put it at the top =) I love Pro-Pain the cover album is pretty good theres alot of Hardcore/Punk on it but they totally kick ass with it if ya like that one I would Suggest picking up there S/T album its an awsome peice of Heavy Metal/Hardcore work. I also picked up the rerelease of Anthrax Vol.8 =) the bonus tracks kick ass its nice to have that one again

The Ritual is a great album if you can forgive the commercial feel to it.

Back From The Dead is good too but don't listen to the last song.

I have to admit, I don't have enough Motorhead in my collection. I should get some more but they have so many albums, I don't know where to start. Maybe I'll shoot for that new boxset.

Pro-Pain is a decent enough band but I still think The Truth Hurts is their best release. I haven't heard the new one yet.

Psychonaut said:
The Ritual is a great album if you can forgive the commercial feel to it.

Back From The Dead is good too but don't listen to the last song.

I have to admit, I don't have enough Motorhead in my collection. I should get some more but they have so many albums, I don't know where to start. Maybe I'll shoot for that new boxsset.
1.) The Ritual does kick ass.
2.) Too late I listened to that track. What the hell was that about?
Sounds like a Hardcore version of Limp Bizkit!
3.) I would shoot for the Motorhead boxset. If I get any boxset, it will be that one.

sixxswine said:
Cool haul !!! As far as Testament, do you have "Practice What You Preach" ? That is my personal favorite by them and "Sins of Omission" is my favorite song by them, also on PWYP.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Cool haul !!! As far as Testament, do you have "Practice What You Preach" ? That is my personal favorite by them and "Sins of Omission" is my favorite song by them, also on PWYP.

Bryant

Practice What You Preach is a must have Classic its the best of Testament Alex Skolnicks guitar work on that record is masterful!

Bryant said:

Bryant
Practice is my favorite Testament album also. I thought their newest disc (The Gathering) was great, the best thing they've released since Practice.

without doubt,the gathering is their best work since practise.dave lombardo's drums just rule on that album-the first two tracks are as good as anything testament(or any other bay band)has ever done.they fuckin rip.nice to see chucks better as well.someone told me they were doing a new album soon.

baldyboy said:
without doubt,the gathering is their best work since practise.dave lombardo's drums just rule on that album-the first two tracks are as good as anything testament(or any other bay band)has ever done.they fuckin rip.nice to see chucks better as well.someone told me they were doing a new album soon.
Doh ! I forgot Lombardo was on that CD. He is a master. I am surprised he can still go like he used to. He's not a young man. His work on "Seasons" smokes. I'll have to pick that CD up if for nothing else to hear Lombardo's new work.

Bryant

saw slayer play earlier this year at the astoria in london with lombardo playing drums.they did the whole of the reign in blood album as an encore.he played the double bass bit in angel of death twice as long as on the album and flawlessly!the guy was an absolute monster.as per usual,slayer were the best gig of the year for me.i think that the gathering was the only testament album he did,but it is damn good.not quite so sure of his grip inc stuff though.