On-line comics

ChiefB

The Truth Seeker
Mar 14, 2003
Planet Earth
I used to love reading comics especially The Punisher, which just kicked ass.

This UK team have put together an on-line comic called NightWarrior. The story is jumpy but the artwork is cool. I love the idea of a bunch of creative people getting together to make an on-line comic.

Check out the site: http://www.nw-comic.co.uk/

Pokey rules. Nothing will ever beat Calvin and Hobbes though.

I love the fact that most newspaper comics now keep active online archives, so gems like this aren't lost at the end of the day:
Trudeau.gif

Another good one, vaguely metal-related one is the Norwegian Nemi which is printed in several newspapers and also available on teh Internet. Here, I've even gone and translated a few.

16.04.02.gif

- Good concert last night?

14.11.02.gif

- I need a CD for my daughter's birthday...
- Alice Cooper!?

- NO! I don't want to buy SATANIST MUSIC for her!
- But he's a CHRISTIAN! Etc.

- No, my daughter likes pop. I want "Let me grow up to be an anorectic slut and fuck you in 500 different ways every day, yeah!" by Christina Aguiliera.

- You got fired from the record store on your first day?
- Yeah, apparently you weren't allowed to punch the customers.

28.02.03.gif

- I didn't know what I'd buy for the baby, so I got a teddy bear.
- It's cute!

- Have you brought anything?
- "Soulside Journey" by Darkthrone.

- You've bought a BLACK METAL record for a 2 day-old baby?
- Yeah, it's a big favour.

- When he gets asked the standard question "what was your first record" in the future, he won't have to answer Phil Collins.
- Heh, you could lie.
- But I know it, and it hurts my heart every day.

21.03.03.gif

[Shortly after the flying head incident on a Mayhem concert]

- Fenriz says, "Darkthrone will play live when pigs fly."

- Hey, pigs CAN fly; I've seen it on a Mayhem concert.

Those are damn funny, I see them in people's signatures around UM. Thanks for the translations.

My first record was Puttin' On the Ritz! :kickass:

WhiteNinjaComics is awesome! I love their sense of humour.

@Erik: That comic strip is excellent. I just find it amazing that it's printed in your daily newspaper. Time to ditch the UK 40's style newspaper comics and enter the 21st Century.

Do you guys know any homemade on-line comics that are in the stye of DC, Dark Horse or Icon publications?

Those Norwegian ones are class! I can't remember which magazine they appear in over here though :confused: (in English of course)

And I thought this would be a thread with Nuklear Power mentioned in it somewhere :p

That German one is fucking hilarious! "Du unverschämtes Schwein! Ich sollte dich in meinem Judenofen verbrennen!" is my new MSN screen name :cool: