Comics Thread #2

I like it. It's a lot of fun. The new character Silk is... odd, though the upcoming Spiderverse event may give her some more interesting developments.

I like it. It's a lot of fun. The new character Silk is... odd, though the upcoming Spiderverse event may give her some more interesting developments.

I've heard about her
She's got Spider-Man's powers and she makes out with Spider-Man and somehow knows he's Peter Parker

I'll start reading again after the spider verse thing I guess

Saga is always glorious and I loved the way All Out War ended and what came after. Walking Dead seems so different now than it did before, but in a good way.

Haven't read Saga yet, but I just finished Volume 22. The progression compared to how far everyone came is beautiful, even more impressive considering their progress was done within weeks. And the new villains that we're getting soon are pretty fucking creative, though the risk of infection leaves something to be desired for.

Also, I think I'm reading too much manga, because I can't get over how cute Carl and Sophia are together. Like a mini Rick and Andrea. :lol:

One of the characters in Maggie's Hilltop mentioned that same thing actually. :lol:

Have you heard of Manifest Destiny? Or Tooth and Claw? Both are pretty awesome. The first volume of Manifest Destiny is out now, and Tooth and Claw just started.

Have you heard of Manifest Destiny? Or Tooth and Claw? Both are pretty awesome. The first volume of Manifest Destiny is out now, and Tooth and Claw just started.

Haven't heard of them, and I looked up some summaries; normally I wouldn't question your recommendations, but the premises for both don't particularly interest me - that, and I don't really want to spend too much on comics until the move is taken care of (in which I can finally get a bookshelf for myself :lol:).

On a separate note, I read Saga yesterday. I'm still amazed at how unfiltered it feels - I get too excited every time I read it. In this volume specifically, I'm amazed at how badly shit went down.

I could talk about Saga for ages. I really hope that the next arc has some resolution to the fucking heartbreak that we suffered through in volume 4. I was depressed for hours when that bag was thrown. :( My sister and I have had this conversation a few times (her stance is probably obvious :lol: ), but... Who is really at fault here? I try not to place any blame on one individual person, because they both did some pretty questionable things, but... Gah. :(

Tooth and Claw won't be available in trade for quite a few months, so you have a while before that comes out. That book is kinda strange, being anthropomorphic and all, but it's got a cool world that seems genuinely interesting. The end of issue #1, immediately followed by the fucking plot twist and a half that comes midway through #2 though have got me hooked long term. When the arc ends, I'll let you know if it's still as good as it is now.

Manifest Destiny is fucking awesome. Just trust me on that one. :p