Comics

Apr 12, 2002
Istanbul, Turkey
www.myspace.com
any comic freaks here? which ones did you use to read or still do?

i always loved and read lucky luke and tintin when i wa a kid...but this year, i have a completely new addiction: the sandman. i remember discussing it with siderea here.

and yesterday i watched frank miller's sin city on dvd...my jaw dropped. killer stuff! now i have to buy every one of those graphic novels. im hooked o_O

your thoughts on these and other comics? let this be the comics thread for all comics discussions.

i used to buy all the comics from marvel that went out here in mexico, stop doing that when i had to work and maintain a family n that stuff :S

but i still have the first 100's from spiderman, avengers and xmen... and many special editions...

I don´t like most of the stories in comics, but this one just looks great. Has a lot of Film Noir in it... and it´s a Rodriguez movie...

I will check it out...

pffft they arent real comics

these were the real deal > Warlord & Victor

j85.jpg

j87.jpg

j84.jpg

j86.jpg

http://www.barelyhangingon.co.uk/commando/pages/site.htm

http://www.barelyhangingon.co.uk/commando/pages/site.htm

title.jpg

com-006-61-lg9.jpg

lg-warlord74.jpg

com-111-62-lg11.jpg

The Victor ran for 1657 issues and you could expect to pay £50 for issue 1 with the free gift of a Super Squirt Ring although it is very scarce.

tough.JPG

those little commando books were the business alright, we used to get the victor when we were kids, also battle and eagle. Battle was deffo the best of em all just for charleys war and johnny red

now why hasnt that plonker been banned yet?

Bambi said:
those little commando books were the business alright, we used to get the victor when we were kids, also battle and eagle. Battle was deffo the best of em all just for charleys war and johnny red

now why hasnt that plonker been banned yet?

How old are you 70?

i used to read a lot of marvel comics when i was a kid, spiderman, the avenger, the x-men, x-factor, alpha flight and that. i liked the first few issues from spawn, but it quickly became shit, especially around the time the movie came out.

bende1.gif
jommeke
zulte.gif
kiekeboe (there was an attempt to conquer the british market, but the chosen title 'fanny' (the blond girl there) wasn't really convincing...)

suske-wiske2.gif
suske n wiske

these are very typical and very popular kid comics in belgium,
and very dubious.

as a kid i had a subscribtion on 'robbedoes', a weekly comic mag, so i learned to know most comics of the dupuis publshing group (many french belgian things translated in dutch and many one page 'funny' comics. i remember mostly soda, jerome k blocks, largo winch, yoko n jerome k block from that for the longer stories)

besides sandman there aren't many series i follow...unless i get some good advice... but i love most gags/funny comics, well classics are of course those you find in the newspapers and in belgium we have some nice ones like jeroom recently (see also the cunt thread)
i've mentioned lewis trondheim's mister o before

and last year i got into my neighbours collection of some south african writer which was nice and urrr one very famous seventies (?) person who draws these women with big tits arses and calfs .... and it's funny and perverted?

would there be a tintin au algérie? i never read that really. bob et bobette neither actually. all this historically correct things pff. i wasnt reading comics to learn something.