Comics Thread #2

I love that cover. :lol:

Cass strikes me as a really tragic character. He loves Tulip, but can't have her, so he sticks around just to be close to her. He also has some... other problems. (More reasons to buy volume four :p )

Alright, now for Kickass 2 and The Walking Dead.

For Kickass, I'm actually surprised at how more serious it felt compared to the first book. Everything from what the Mother Fucker (what a fucking retarded name :lol:) does to all of the efforts of the heroes right up to the end of the book is much more substantial than I expected. Hit-Girl's reintroduction was pretty cool (gonna need to pick up her spinoff book sometime), and the Colonel/Sophia were fucking awesome (well, until later). I'm surprised at how the book ended and I hope Kick Ass 3 ties everything up well.

For the Walking Dead, I will admit it started a bit boring a first, but picked up after a bit. I still feel sad for Maggie, and I do hope her birth goes over well. On the other hand, Spencer's a fucking idiot and I'm getting concerned with Michonne's habit of SOMEHOW finding love interests in all the black characters so far (seriously, ALL of them). More over to the second half of the paperback, that little scuffle was pretty awesome. I thought we were gonna lose someone really important. And both the Rastafarian and his pet tiger have definitely proven how awesome they are. I like their little history bit too.

Also, that fucking ending. :lol: "*sigh* We're going to war." How's the latest issues so far?

Yeah... You probably should have read Hit-Girl before Kick-Ass 2. I definitely recommend it. I loved The Mother Fucker's name. I thought it was hilariously bad. :lol: My favorite part is near the end when all the people in the crowd behind Dave don masks and the giant fight starts. Fucking awesome. (Still need to see the movie though.)

As for The Walking Dead, All Out War has been intense so far. Three issues in and Rick has already proven that he's a much better leader (and tactician) than Negan can ever hope to be. It's 12 parts though, so I can only speculate as to how crazy things will get by the time it's all said and done...

I should've read Hit Girl first. Thing is though, Kick Ass 2 was an unplanned purchase. That whole fight scene was great. Hit Girl vs. Mother Russia was brutal.

Good to know that Rick is better at planning then the motherfucking fuck we all know and love. Surprised that it's only three issues though; guess my clock ain't right. :lol:

Book 4 for Preacher was bittersweet. Especially Arseface's past. Absolutely terrible. On the plus side, I have a new found respect for Jody. Jody only, that fucker TC (pun unintentional) is still gross.

Invincible #3, great closure. Realistic (as loosely as I can use that word) without it being horrible. I really want to read more of the series. Also, will Ms. Grayson ever catch a break? :(

Invincible #26 is one of my favorite issues. I LOVE the scene where Mark sees his dad for the first time after the things that happened. The rest of the volume is great too, but the "classic" feel of the series ends when the colorist leaves with the end of the next hardcover. Don't get me wrong, the book is still fucking awesome, especially between #55-78, but it..... "feels" different.

Preacher just gets better and better and Arseface has such.... things... that happen. :p

I just re-read all seventeen issues of Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples' comic Saga. It's so fucking good, I can't even describe it.

anyone here still reading Superior Spiderman??

i haven't been keeping up with Spiderman, not reading every single issue, so, some things are confusing me

-the scene where Carly Cooper suddenly figures out that "someone else" is "controling" peter parker/spiderman's body totally seemed to come out of freaking left feild

-i also totally missed the explination of how Carly Cooper knew that peter parker was spider-man

-the scene where MJ and Carly Cooper are together in the apt when they're talking to spiderman who is in costume but without his mask, this scene looked weird because... since when do MJ and Carly even fucking know each other at all, let alone the fact that each is aware of the other being aware of spiderman's secret identity...WTF??

so
after this confusingness
i just kinda stopped reading
is it still good??
are they making colected editions yet??

I've been a faithful Spidey reader since early 2010. Every issue of Superior just keeps getting better and I can't wait to see how Goblin Nation plays out.

Carly met Pete while he had Ock's body in Amazing #700, Pete tried to tell her that it was actually him, and that thought has been nagging at her since. She's slowly pieced everything together.

Carly knew Pete was Spider-Man because he told her at the end of Spider Island. Roughly Amazing #674. She broke up with him right after.

Shortly after that, Carly started hanging out with MJ. They've become best friends since, using Pete's secret and their failed relationships with him as a bonding point. Roughly every few issues starting in Amazing #675.

Yes it is still good.

Depends on when you want to start. Dan Slott's run (more or less) started with this :

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Big-Time-Ultimate-Collection/dp/0785162178/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392949267&sr=8-1&keywords=big+time+ultimate+collection[/ame]

Amazing Spider-Man 648 - 662, 654.1

Then continued with :

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Time-Complete-Collection-Volume/dp/0785185402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392949267&sr=8-2&keywords=big+time+ultimate+collection[/ame]

Amazing Spider-Man 663-677, Amazing Spide r-Man Infested 1, Free Comic Book Day 2011, Spider-Island: Deadly Foes 1, Daredevil 8, Spider-Island Spotlight

A few of the plot points that confused you started up here. I admit, this is a little bit of a ways back in regards to Spidey, so if you want to start with Superior, you can go with :

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Superior-Spider-Man-Vol-Marvel-Now/dp/0785185216/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1392949389&sr=8-5&keywords=superior+spiderman[/ame]

That includes Amazing Spider-Man : Dying Wish (#698-700) and Superior Spider-Man Volume 1 (SSM #1-5)

There are also four paperbacks available, and Dying Wish is available in paperback form as well in case you don't want the hardcover.

:D

Carly met Pete while he had Ock's body in Amazing #700, Pete tried to tell her that it was actually him, and that thought has been nagging at her since. She's slowly pieced everything together.

Carly knew Pete was Spider-Man because he told her at the end of Spider Island. Roughly Amazing #674. She broke up with him right after.

Shortly after that, Carly started hanging out with MJ. They've become best friends since, using Pete's secret and their failed relationships with him as a bonding point. Roughly every few issues starting in Amazing #675.

stopped reading a little bit before "spider island" then all my friends said spider island sucked, then i started reading "Superior spiderman" and all the confusing bits started,

have they started making thick colected editions of superior spiderman yet??
also
do you guys think spider island is a good read??
should i read spider island or skip it??

Define "thick". The hard cover is (roughly) 200+ pages, with ASM 698 - 700 (which was nearly a hundred by itself) and SSM 1 - 5. Other than that, no, not yet.

Spider - Island was fantastic. Anyone who doesn't think so.... must not like fun things. :lol: Seriously though, great story idea, Pete has some great moments alone and with other cast members and the ending.... Hell yes. Personally, it's one of my favorite Spidey stories. I highly recommend it.

Me personally
I think Marvel should just go ahead and do a collected edition of Doc Ock controlling Spider-Man's body, every appearance, in correct reading order, in a giant omnibus, if they they made that i'd be the first in line to buy it

Hardcovers have about ten a shot, and there's three of those. (Third one releases in a few months) That's close to an omnibus. I'd expect one maaaybe next year?