Comics Thread #2

To get the most out of a first time Invincible read, I'd recommend reading volumes 1 AND 2. #13 is a much better end of a book than #6 is.

I read Invincible #102 today and was floored. 100 issues in and this series is still amazing. Also been reading alot of Grant Morrison's Batman. It seems nonsensical at first glance, but I get the feeling it'll make more sense if I read it a few times over.

To get the most out of a first time Invincible read, I'd recommend reading volumes 1 AND 2. #13 is a much better end of a book than #6 is.

About that... I still had some money left over... bought Volume 1 for a decent price. Is wrong if I said that I was already hooked from the first page? There is a lot of quirks in this comic that make me want to read more. It is REALLY good.

...also, Ms Grayson is hilarious as hell.

I can't say anything else about it until you read volume two. :p You have no idea about anything past what you've read, right?

Geoff Johns' last issue of Green Lantern came out. It was 80 pages with a wraparound cover and a four page fold-out of all the Corps at the end. It was epic.

"It was the perfect time to walk away. It all started with a rebirth, and now it all ends with a rebirth." or something along those lines.

Because he's Ezekiel and he's a motherfucking badass. I seriously think he might be my new favorite character.

600875.jpg

Yahoo articles are some of the worst things you can read on the internet, but I am really excited to see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers : Age of Ultron. Really hoping Whedon throws in Thor's "Ultron, we would have words with thee!" line in there somewhere.

The Other is one of my favorite Spidey stories, and Kaine just underwent a similar transformation in Scarlet Spider. One More Day kinda fucked up all the new powers Pete got at the time though.... Still haven't seen much of (if any of) them. Kaine though, kept quite a few. Issues 13-16 (I think).

http://www.comixology.com/Scarlet-Spider/comics-series/7271

Seeing that today is the day Superior Spider-Man #14 comes out, I feel the need to post how much I love the new costume. They changed it up a bit in SSM #1 to this look :

superior-spider-man-color.jpg

Now that certain things have happened, he's a bit more.... proactive in his endeavors. To reflect this, he now looks like this :

comics-superior-spider-man-14-teaser-artwork.jpg

This look, I think, is totally awesome. It's like Ben Reilly, Spider-Girl, the movie suit and Alex Ross's original movie concept art all rolled into one.

2 different upcoming movies are going to have the same character in them when they both get released so close together, why couldn't they just have the same actor/same costume/same special effects??

having 2 different actors play Quicksilver sounds like it's going to be lame

Continuing from the Recent Purchases thread...

YES. Kick-Ass is great.

It is. Best art I've seen since Y, The Last Man (since I haven't really read a lot of comics). I'll get Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass 2 when I have the chance. On a similiar note, even though I haven't seen it I can't believe that they casted Cage as Big Daddy! GEEEEEEEEEEZ.

They aren't really too similiar, but the movie is fantastic too. Marty and Todd are just too funny, and Katie doesn't look like she's nine years old. :lol:

Hit Girl and Kick-Ass 2 should be read back to back, in my opinion. They feel like one giant story. I loved Hit Girl's ending, and the state of sheer panic I found myself in when I finished it. It lead to me devouring Kick-Ass 2 within the hour. The ending of that one was just as amazing. You won't be disappointed.

Sadly, whenever I see John Romita Jr's artwork, I just think of Spider-Man and Avengers and Captain America and all the other Marvel stuff he's done over the years. :lol: I have the same problem with Steve Dillon. I see his art and no matter who, or what it is, I think "Preacher".