Comics Thread #2

The more I read of Geoff Johns' Green Lantern, the more I think I have to agree. I don't think a reboot was necessary. I REALLY hate the fact that Superman and Lois were never married now. I think that's crap.

Anyone else think the new Iron Man 3 trailer is glorious?!

someone tried to tell me that "the people wearing a green lantern power ring were un-affected by the changes in reality", meaning that the green lantern comic was un-afected by the New 52 re-boot

which doesn't make sense, wearing a power ring makes you imune to warps in reality now?? apparently the ring-weilders are omnipotent now, wtf??

someone told me that Superman in the New 52 was going to be Clark Kent from the TV show Smallville, did that really happen??

in the old universe Alan Scott got married, had 2 kids (boy and girl) had his 2 kids grow up and become superheros themselves (with superpowers) had some explination of why he was aging slower than regular people, had his first wife (mother of his kids) die, then get married again with his adult (superpowered) kids bitching about how they don't like dad's new wife

in The New 52, Alan Scott has no wife/girlfriend/children because he's gay
wtf-ing hell?? i understand the whole "having gay characters in superhero comics" thing of trying to apease gay-rights groups and trying to get gay people to read superhero comics, but still, what the hell??

yes
the Newest Iron Man 3 trailer is better than the first one

someone tried to tell me that "the people wearing a green lantern power ring were un-affected by the changes in reality", meaning that the green lantern comic was un-afected by the New 52 re-boot

which doesn't make sense, wearing a power ring makes you imune to warps in reality now?? apparently the ring-weilders are omnipotent now, wtf??

someone told me that Superman in the New 52 was going to be Clark Kent from the TV show Smallville, did that really happen??

in the old universe Alan Scott got married, had 2 kids (boy and girl) had his 2 kids grow up and become superheros themselves (with superpowers) had some explination of why he was aging slower than regular people, had his first wife (mother of his kids) die, then get married again with his adult (superpowered) kids bitching about how they don't like dad's new wife

in The New 52, Alan Scott has no wife/girlfriend/children because he's gay
wtf-ing hell?? i understand the whole "having gay characters in superhero comics" thing of trying to apease gay-rights groups and trying to get gay people to read superhero comics, but still, what the hell??

yes
the Newest Iron Man 3 trailer is better than the first one

still patiently waiting for a response to this^^

Having a gay character in a comic doesn't bother me. Having a gay character in a comic just so you can be a part of the trend of having a gay character in a comic bothers me.

Alan Scott is the biggest example of this. It really has no point other than the initial "shock" value. Jun from Morning Glories came out out of nowhere too. That bothered me as well. Striker from Avengers Academy? Makes sense. It's awesome that he's gay, same with William from Invincible.

Depends on the context I suppose.

And no, New 52 Superman is not Smallville Superman.

Having a gay character in a comic doesn't bother me. Having a gay character in a comic just so you can be a part of the trend of having a gay character in a comic bothers me.

Alan Scott is the biggest example of this. It really has no point other than the initial "shock" value. Jun from Morning Glories came out out of nowhere too. That bothered me as well. Striker from Avengers Academy? Makes sense. It's awesome that he's gay, same with William from Invincible.

Depends on the context I suppose.

i totally agree with this^^

And no, New 52 Superman is not Smallville Superman.

well, yeah, i didn't really think it would be cuz that would have been as weird-as-hell

Watchmen to me, is like Final Fantasy VII. Yeah, it's good. I liked it. Best thing ever? No. Far from it actually.

I just finished The Losers. What an amazing series. Has anyone seen the movie? I watched some clips that looked pretty great, but the story seems way different....

in reference to the watchmen
i honestly love the movie better than the book
it looks like Alan Moore made a boatload of mistakes and that Zack Snyder fixed those mistakes

the only thing i didn't like about the movie was how, in the comic, when Laurie realizes that the Comedian is her father, the reader realizes that Laurie being concieved was the only time Sally's ever done penis-in-vagina-sex

this could have been mentioned in the movie by just adding a few lines to Sally's diologue in the last scene where Laurie is confronting Sally about the identity of her biological father

in reference to The Losers
i saw the entire movie
i actually really liked it
never got around to reading the comic

isn't anyone exited about the upcoming superhero movies??

or do i have to talk about them in a special movie thread??

Good luck?

Anyone read any of Grant Morrison's New X-Men? I just finished it and it was incredible.