Once Upon A Time

raiderdeath1

Feb 2, 2005
Glenn,
Could you give us a story on the beginnings of the festival and how it came to be in Atlanta etc.. And could you please start it with "Once upon a time"

I could fill some of that "how it came to be in Atlanta" part, but I'll let Glenn tell it...in his book.

Speaking of which....any news on The Book, Glenn? I still need to submit something for it.

I did an interview after PP III that I think you may enjoy.

http://www.metal-rules.com/interviews/ProgPower-Glenn.htm

Here's a sample Q&A:

How does it feel to be responsible for being the first place to bring in many Euro prog/power bands who have never played in the USA (or some in North America as a whole) ever before?

When I see them up on the stage, it's pure magic during their set. Of course, as soon as its over, I yell for them to get the fuck off my stage.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
When I see them up on the stage, it's pure magic during their set. Of course, as soon as its over, I yell for them to get the fuck off my stage.

C-Lassic! Pure fucking classic!

Harvester said:
Stratovarius... I do not ever see them playing the States to be honest.

Interesting, still think that Glenn? ;)

-MetalRose

Here is another interesting quote from the interview:

Glenn: I do not ever see them (Stratovarius) playing the States to be honest. They are not going to get a better offer than what I made them unless they do a full tour over here and hell hasn't frozen over to the best of knowledge.

Edit: didn't see metalrose had posted that already. :Smug:

Very interesting article. What I wanna know now is, what did Devin Townsend do for his sound check at ProgPower III?