One for the Bay Area Headz (or anyone else)

Aztec

New Metal Member
Oct 17, 2002
Sacramento,Ca
Visit site
I certainly remember there being some good bands in the bay area back in the day. One that comes to mind was a band named Lethal Creed. I remember seeing them open for Megadeth at the Stone in '86 and also for Death Angel in Mt. View in '87. They had a very brutal sound and appeared to be very dedicated to the scene but like so many others they ended up falling into obscurity. Anyone else remember these guys?

No, there was a band called Lethal Creed. They didn't put any albums out that I knew of. Perhaps they did change their name and resurfaced as Lethal Gospel but I wouldn't know. I only remember seeing them a couple of times and I used to see some of the members out supporting the scene.

I know there has to be someone who remembers them.

Lethal Creed put out two demo tapes, then another after Mark Murhill left.

The original lineup was Rodney Creel and Steve Kelly on guitars, Ross Glickman on Bass and Vocals, and Mark San Juan on drums.

On the Second Demo, the lineup was pretty much the same, except Mark Murhilll (and incredibly loud and pounding double bass drummer were added, and the music sped up).

Ross Glickman shortly left... Then Rodney Creel, one of the founding guitarists, played bass shortly while a friend Alfred San Miguel played guitar... A short time later Rodeny Creel went back on guitar.

They did change their name to Forced Psychosis with the addition of Gary Neff on drums and put out another demo tape.

As a four peice we played a show at Pony Express with Rude Awakening and another band who I can't remember for the life of me... I think it was No Use for a Name.... not too sure, but I know both were eventually signed.

The lineup went thru a few changes and from changing from a five peice to four and back or so, ended up being a four peice with Steve Kennedy (of Institutional Mentality) on vocals, me on bass, and my friend Burton Ortega (now playing drums for Kaos).

I played bass for them for about a year, we played a number of shows in fremont at Italio's, then ended with a last show at The Caberet.

They were managed at one time by the girl that used to manage Forbidden Evil, and before I ended up being in the band, had a contract offer, but Forbidden ended up getting signed.

Rodney still has the unsigned contract to this day.

They played many dozens of shows, opening up for Megadeth at the Keystone, and played a lot of shows with Death Angel, Forbidden and Exodus, as well as with other bands of the time Potential Threat, Mental Enigma, Epidemic, etc...

For the past three years I was in a band called Abuse of Power, and Rodney Creel was also in the band, but a few months after I left, (about six months ago), the project was officially deemed "dead".

On a side note, Rodney's sister managed the Mountain View Theater with Chuck for some time before it's closing after Slayer played there.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or PM me... I'm still in contact with Rodney and Steve Kelly

Hey not a problem. Althought it's been pretty much 11 years since the project last saw the light, some of those tunes are still my favorites.