One Hour by the Concrete Lake = boring

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
Although I LOVE "Perfect Element" & "Remedy Lane", I must say that "One Hour" is extremmely disappointing. The music just lacks the heavy emotion that the other PoS albums possess.

Well, I guess that's what happens when you've come to expect SO MUCH from a group!?!?!?

get Remedy Lane :) I have all PoS albums, yet I only find myself listening to TPE and Remedy Lane (and I think RL is slightly better). The others are good, sure.. I even listen to them once in a while.. but their two newest are brilliant!

Ggggggu,fuck off. If you want discussion about Opeth,start making threads instead of posting what Mark said in every thread.

Funny, for me PoS cds go downhill each release. Entropia is by far my favorite, with One Hour by the C Lake being second. The latest two I find to be extremely boring and monotonous (Esp when compared to Entropia). I already dumped Remedy Lane, after giving it many chances. Too much other good music out there.

dolphz said:
Funny, for me PoS cds go downhill each release. Entropia is by far my favorite, with One Hour by the C Lake being second. The latest two I find to be extremely boring and monotonous (Esp when compared to Entropia). I already dumped Remedy Lane, after giving it many chances. Too much other good music out there.

I just havent been affected by their "brilliance" at all. And I have Remedy Lane at that = boring.

imo. OHBTCL is actually their best!

ive been thinking about this for weeks/months actually as to why the hell it is that i enjoy it more then everyone else... maybe im just different.
but to me lyrically it is so much more powerful.

OHBTCL was REALLY good in my opinion, not quite as good as the perfect element or remedy lane but still in the top 10 albums of all time. :D I like how complex the music is...it's not as wanky as entropia but it's still quite a bit more complex than the perfect element or remedy lane. The lyrics are pretty good, but I don't think they come close to those on The Perfect Element and ESPECIALLY not remedy lane (which has the best lyrics in music history :D!!!). Some of the songs on OHBTCL seemed really boring to me the first time I listened to them (like...EVERYTHING UP TILL WATER), but now I've learned to like them. It does seem pretty dull for the first several listens, I'm sure if you liked their later stuff you'll eventually love this one too.

I love it. It's like Entropia but more consistent. It doesn't have the unnameable feeling of the aforementioned, the personal quality of Remedy Lane, nor the ability to depress the fuck out of me like Perfect Element, but the concept is unique and it's musically strong.

The record in question is my least favorite Pain of Salvation release, but that's akin to saying that missionary is my least favorite position for intercourse: it's all relative.

I thought it boring at first, too, but it's just dense. It takes repeated, attentive listens to catch it and understand.