One more question...In the Woods - Omnio

I would think you wouldn't appreciate that track alone, as I have heard that the album needs to be experienced as a whole. I need to get it badly, I will look today...

"Omnio" is one of the BEST albums ever recorded, IMO.

As good as the title track is (all three parts), the song "Weeping Willow" is, IMO, the albums TRUE masterpiece.

This album drips with emotion. And if you buy it & love it, you MUST get their release "3x7 On a Pilgrimage". Although it only contains 3-4 new songs (the rest are covers) it's astonishing!!!

Great band!!!!

OK and where can I purchase In the woods, they have it at amazon but they send it out in problably 2 months... I´m really interested in this band.

I found Omnio in a record store which happens to be awesome so I'm going back there hehe.

And yes the album is very, very good.

Originally posted by TheLedTool
I'm also very interested in them. :) I have heard very little though. Are they only clean vox, or what?

A Return to the Isle of Men contains mostly black metal screams ala Burzum

HEart of the Ages(my fave) contains black metal screams and clean vocals

Omnio is only clean vocals as is Strange in Stereo and 3x7 on a Pilgrimmage.

Get them all, especially Heart of the Ages and Omnio

Originally posted by TheLedTool
They have albums available at www.theendrecords.com

I'm also very interested in them. :) I have heard very little though. Are they only clean vox, or what?

Yeah I tried ordering there but Strange in Stereo wasn´t in stock... Damnit!

Originally posted by Dreamlord
A Return to the Isle of Men contains mostly black metal screams ala Burzum

HEart of the Ages(my fave) contains black metal screams and clean vocals

Omnio is only clean vocals as is Strange in Stereo and 3x7 on a Pilgrimmage.

Get them all, especially Heart of the Ages and Omnio

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Mayh
Yeah I tried ordering there but Strange in Stereo wasn´t in stock... Damnit!

I think it probably ran out of stock. It had been there about a week ago and Omnio had not. Now I think Omnio is in stock and Strange In Stereo isn't...

Odd.

I have "HEart Of The Ages", which is pretty good, and I kinda lost interest in them after that, never bothered to check out any of their later albums...

Now I recently discovered Green Carnation's "Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness" album and I love it. I also heard some In The Woods members play(ed) in Green Carnation.

So, my question, is the ITW "Omnio" style in any way comparable with Green Carnation's? In other words, will I like "Omnio" if I like Green Carnation?

Most probably yes, their style is pretty close... I'd say you give them a chance you might discover a great album... Maybe you would also be interested to check another similar band, Drawn...