One question

I know... you don't see too many people who are able to do both. I remember an interview he did where he said a number of black metal bands thought he was crazy for actually singing sometimes as opposed to screech/growling.

However he manages to do it, I hope he keeps it up for a long time to come. :)

Other ones going to the same cast with Åkerfeldt and Vintersorg are Borkanagar's ex-vocalists Simen Hestnaes and Garm/Trickster G. Both are very good at growling and singing. Also another good one Chuck Billy of Testament. But he's somewhat different from the others.

well one that is also pretty good at this is the
opeth singer with his beautiful melodic vocals
and killer death/black vocals...Lutz when you sing
black metal if you don't have resistant vocal
strings that can destroy them...same for death metal exept that is even worst for vocals strings
and must have even more resisant strings...i know
what am talking about ! well vintersorg seems to
have steel vocals string and will definetly not
have any problems signing like that. do you sing ?
and finally i really enjoy this mix of vocals !

I`ve been listening to Vintersorg since "Till Fjãlls" , and I also bought the new Borknagar - album. Sure thing that he`s one helluva vocalist , but I think Dan Swanö is much better , that goes for both the clean and grind vocals. For those of you who does`nt know who I`m talking about - check out songs like "uncreation" , "amon ra" or "twilight".

the other one i can think of that sings and growl beautifully is Aaron of MY DYING BRIDE :) I loOove that band!!!!!!!