One reason I don't listen to much black metal...

I like Black Metal... I don't really care about the whole image thing it tried (still tries?) to create.. or about any of those damn fascist ideologies those tr00 fans spout about.. I just like it for the majestic atmosphere it creates.. that kind of grand feeling of the music, I think it's great. Appeals to me alot more than Death Metal.

null_105467a.jpg
skadetav_sak.jpg

Moonlapse said:
I like Black Metal... I don't really care about the whole image thing it tried (still tries?) to create.. or about any of those damn fascist ideologies those tr00 fans spout about.. I just like it for the majestic atmosphere it creates.. that kind of grand feeling of the music, I think it's great. Appeals to me alot more than Death Metal.

same here

:lol: Those two pictures Midwinter_melancholY put up are hilarious. :lol: Looks like they're all having a great time. That'll be one hellova story to tell. "I got a skull fracture by a flying goat's skull at a concert."

"Eriksen promised Hagen a free ticket to the group's next performance."

NovemberFrost-
"Not so sure I'd really want to go to another one..."

Yeah, no doubt. The offer reminds me of food places that give you coupons or whatever after an "incident". Like when you find something in your food...like a bug or worse. :lol: It's like...why would you think I'd want more?

I am Ten Thousand and One said:
Yeah, because that's what I said.
rolleyes.gif

I said I don't listen to it much because the "image" of many of these bands takes away greatly from the music.

I can tolerate some Mayhem, such as songs like Funeral Fog.

But lyrics about disembowling people and raping the guts, or carving up sheep on stage just takes away from the music.

I still enjoy some Black Metal, such as Ulver and Borknagar.
Could not agree more. Expect the "still enjoy some black metal" part. haven't heard anything from the bands :D

I think black metal is amazing.

A lot of the shock stuff can be stupid, but Mayhem gives the genre a bad name by doing stuff like that. Take Ulver. Or Immortal, for instance...they are 100% music, 0% "evil". Well, they do have the face paint, but they avoid any sort of lyrics about Satan or Norwegian nationalism...they're all about the Norse imagery. Music comes first for them and a lot of such bands...

Mayhem is alright...I never really loved em. But you can't write off black metal totally (and I see that you haven't, which is good).

And to the guy who said Diabolical Masquerade was underrated...I just got the CD in the mail 20 minutes ago and I'm listening to it now...it rocks. :) :) :)

I must say I love black metal, it is by far my favorite type of metal and has been for years. Sure lots of bands try to create an image, and well I really don't care if they do or don't just as long as they have some good music with it.

Oh and I also must add that Diabolical Masquerade is fucking awesome. Their CDs are so hard to find in america, though, which really pisses me off. I wanted their first CD so badly that a week or two ago I ordered it from Germany, the total with shipping came out to be 39 dollars. All of that just for one CD, but I think it is worth it. I just wonder how long it will take for it to get here.

manuelgv said:
I hope Maniac doesn't throw sheep at us when he plays here
I wouldn't like to get hit by something

I thought they always threw sheepheads into the audience? First
using some pyrostuff and then slicing it up before giving it to the
audience... I remember stepping faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away when
the crowd started tossing the heads around! >:eek:P hehe... Not my
deal, and around the time I saw them live, black metal wasn't my
thing AT ALL! hehe...

Shadowthrone-
"Oh and I also must add that Diabolical Masquerade is fucking awesome. Their CDs are so hard to find in america, though, which really pisses me off. I wanted their first CD so badly that a week or two ago I ordered it from Germany, the total with shipping came out to be 39 dollars. All of that just for one CD, but I think it is worth it. I just wonder how long it will take for it to get here."

:zombie: $39!

I wouldn't know how awesome they are perhaps because the CDs are so hard to get here. Hearse used to molest them all the time. Saying how kick ass they were. I may have heard something from them a few times, but never really gave them a good listen. I'll commit. Someday. For today, I'm totally committed to downloading Kazza Lite and hearing Isis for the first time. Anyone?

MayheM's image, black metal image, is super gay but it fits the music, being friendly just wouldn't work. I think they're still a really good band and blasphemer's the best guitarist to date.

Thanks to Mayhem I got away with giving a crap speech in school but the graphical horror of their biography had everyone in stunned silence. when the story was published in the Metro newspaper people straight away came to me, even though the speech was tw years ago.