Sheep Head Breaks Music Fan's Skull

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
from http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...d,0,2057272.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

March 10, 2003, 12:23 PM EST

OSLO, Norway -- A flying sheep's head hit a concertgoer and fractured his skull at a concert of metal band Mayhem.

The band, part of Norway's death metal music scene, was carving up a dead sheep as part of its stage act when the animal's head flew off lead singer Maniac's knife and struck Per Kristian Hagen, 25.

The show was Thursday in Bergen, 487 kilometers (302 miles) west of the capital, Oslo.

"My relationship to sheep is a bit ambivalent now. I like them, but not when they come flying through the air," Hagen told The Associated Press Monday from his hospital room. "I have a headache now." He is expected to recover.

Hagen, a Mayhem fan, filed involuntary assault and battery charges against the band. The charges carry a maximum sentence of six months in prison.

Mayhem member Rune Eriksen, whose stage name is Blasphemer, said the incident was unfortunate.

"The whole thing was an accident, but maybe it would be an idea for another show," he said.

Eriksen promised Hagen a free ticket to the group's next performance.

Police detective Carl-Petter Leganger told the AP an investigation has started, but "nothing suggests this was a conscious act."

========================================

:lol: Death metal is funny. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: fuckwits..the lot of 'em :lol::lol::lol:

I hope the wanker drops the charges though, you take a rick all the time when you goto concerts...shit you take a risk when you wake up every morning

spsheep2.gif

Its BLACK metal phloggy, get it RIGHT! How untr00 of you :mad:

Maybe when the lead singer gets to prison his bandmates who are already in jail will hold a welcome home party for him, that would be nice :)

TinMan666 said:
carving up a dead sheep?

for fucks sakes... what's wrong with just being a good player and writing some decent songs?

Or am I just showing my age?

fucking glam!

What's wrong with just being a good player and writing decent songs? You don't get paid much for it, that's why. Also it takes too much practice to get to that level. It's a lot easier to mutilate animals on stage... it's more simple to do and also you get heaps more shock value. Personally I think the guy who got hit by a sheep's head should've expected that something like that will happen... that kind of thing is pretty common at black metal gigs. If he likes Mayhem so much then maybe he should just wear his injuries with pride instead of going to the concert and complaining about them afterwards.