One-Time Geniuses who have sucked for decades

JayKeeley said:
And I don't care what any of you says, Geezer Butler is the man, even today! :kickass:
It's a proven fact, dontchaknow.

Yeah how many times have Sabbath done this? It seems like every year for 8 years but maybe I'm wrong. I would have to be because I went to Ozzfuck in '00 or '01 and Sabbath wasn't there.

The Sabbath Reunion was in 1997. 8 years ago, and in those 8 years they have produced exactly two new studio songs: psycho man, and Selling my soul. But the more I think about it, and reflect on the last 6 or 7 Sabbath albums--and the last 2 or 3 Ozzy albums, maybe they should just stick with touring.

lizard said:
obviously, Clapton. has he done anything worthwhile beyond (maybe) 461 Ocean Blvd? Even the Layla project was goosed up by the presence of Duane Allman. I swear if I have to hear any more of his unplugged CD in stores, hallways, elevators, mens lavatories, etc, I'm gonna go on a knife wielding terror spree.

Heheh...I must say I'm quite fond of the hits he had since then, most of 'em anyway. He can still play a mean blues guitar, though most of it is apparent on his live work.

Deep Purple - without Blackmore they are merely a mild blue pastel. no amount of pyrotechnics can compensate.

I was gonna say, can still do a mean live show...but I seem to be falling into a trap here :erk:

those studio songs were both shit
just sounded like 90's ozzy shit

fucking ozzy hasn't done a decent album in 20 years

the focus has only really been on ozzy and to a lesser extent iommi

but the best solo albums has come from geezer and bill
geezers are good chunky heavy and bills 'ward one' album was amazing

I actually love No More Tears, Ultimate Sin and Blizzard of Oz. Of course the rest are lacking. But I dont know, I sort of grew up on the Ozzy solo albums. Its hard for me to be too critical.

Here are some falls from grace from ex-geniuses that have to be mentioned here:

Genesis - I know it's way too easy to pick on Phil Collins, but besides Peter they haven't produced anything relevant in years. And I can still respect Steve Hackett for not abandoning prog, but that's it.
Pink Floyd - This sounds mean given their enduring aura, but carrying on without Roger (who makes Peter Gabriel look insanely productive in comparison) was a dumb move and caused their credibility to vanish almost overnight.

Demonspell said:
Pink Floyd - This sounds mean given their enduring aura, but carrying on without Roger (who makes Peter Gabriel look insanely productive in comparison) was a dumb move and caused their credibility to vanish almost overnight.
What are you talking about? Pink Floyd ceased to exist after The Final Cut. :)

Floyd ceased to exist right around The Wall...when Waters' whining took center stage, that was it. For god's sake, Rog, move on, your dad's been dead since WWII!!!

and how could I not mention Paul McCartney! When he was in competition with Lennon, they spurred themselves on to triumph after triumph. But just as Yoko was no McCartney, Linda was no Lennon, and they both sucked solo.

I would like to throw my two pfennigs into the ring by mentioning Hermann Goering. An ace he was in WWI!! But give him Operation Sea Lion and pffft!

lizard said:
Floyd ceased to exist right around The Wall...when Waters' whining took center stage, that was it. For god's sake, Rog, move on, your dad's been dead since WWII!!!
Yeah but The Wall is so amazing! That shit has moved me to tears on occasion.