Bands who record who have members that

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
make you want to punch a kitten.

I have a band in right now (well amongst others). The drummer is by far the most "intense," if I could use that word as a substitute for others, person I have ever met so far.

He tracked drums just this past Sunday. He wanted to keep playing them till they were perfect even though they were going to get thrown through superior 2 due to the kit being JUST TERRIBLE. :lol:

But he is new to recording so I just let him have at it. I'm patient as fuck with that stuff.

Then quite literally he expected me to have something to show him on Monday. Now mind you they are not due back in to finish tracking this song for 2 weeks so I was in no rush to get the tracks done. But in a ditched attempt to get him to relax a little and gain his trust I did the first 30 seconds of the song and streamed it to him. He was impressed but of course didn't really let off the "come on... impatient... HIGH SCHOOL... OMG" :lol:

Stacked on top of that is the fact that he also recorded an acoustic song that is 9 mins long, no joke or exaggeration 9 FUCKING MINS. :lol:

This song has double kicks on it, I hope I am just hearing an acoustic rendition of the song because otherwise it sounds silly. Oh and did I mention that he breaks out some 32nd notes on the kick? The song is at 110bpm but still 32nd notes always sound like a gigantic fart to me. :lol:

I would suggest tweaking the arrangement and getting it down to at least 5, but he has already come off as a "that's the way it is" person that it ain't going to go down that way.

He won't bend at all on the drums either, there are things that just don't make sense to me as far as what he did against what the guitar was playing. But I guess I will just write that off as an opinion difference.

Ok vent/rant over. :lol: