only in seattle can this happen

rebirth.... said:
shit guys that aint nothing heres our hard taxes at work..here in Seattle a max security prison that houses sexual offenders( high priority ) costs millions of dollars to run guess how many offenders live at this facility............. yep you guessed it .....ONE ......millions of dollars a year for one guy...think Ill be a drunk bum or a sex offender and have my way paied....... beats the hell out of my job

ok i think the gov should take care of the veterens that they sent off to wars and came back all fucked up, but people who just dont want to work and lay in a gutter an fuckin drink all day should just be put out of their misery. i dont want to fucking work, i hate my job more than i can comprehend, but i do it anyway so im not a fucking homeless bum drain on society. disabled/crazy is one thing, but if you are able-bodied like the rest of us and stand there with your hand out you are wasting my fucking oxygen. drink yourself to death please.

and i used to be such a nice guy till i got out into the world...

neilyoungfan said:
wow....just wow, put them in an apartment and booze'em up instead of making serious efforts to help them find employment
did you read the article? these folks cost the taxpayers an average of $50,000 a year trying to deal with them and give them help and second, third, millionth chances. they are hopeless and its cheaper to just throw em in a home and give up on them. cant kill em, what else you gonna do?

Vic Rattlehead said:
I think I read something similar to this about Canada and heroin addicts.
Not really. We have "safe houses" where they can come and shoot up with clean needles and clean etc., but they still condone it and offer services to these people, trying to stop them. They just don't want people dying/spreading diseases with used needles, which is a step.

i kinda speed read the article but i don't get it. they just put homeless people in homes and let them drink to death? isn't that kinda like the opposite of rehab? fck i should really read that entire article carefully but no.

I just noticed this apartment complex where the keep these people is abouthalf a block away from where I work. How cool.