OOP/Limited Release Albums that you've dropped a dinard on.

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
I myself have never spent a dime over $40. Though I am strongly considering purchasing Sol Invictus- "In a Garden Green" for $50, as well as placing a bid for Agalloch's "Of Stone, Wind, and Pillor".

Haha look at this schmuck.
--------------

Please bid generously. My father is an alchoholic and a deadbeat who can't keep a minimum wage job for more than a few days, which leaves me as the primary source of income in my family. I'm barely 20 years old and forced to support my 2 little sisters and a mother who has been left too insecure by her marriage to work a proper job (we give her 'placebo' jobs to help with her self esteem, but they don't pay much or anything at all usually).

So please, bid generously. o_O

-----------
I may try to Jaykeeley style this in the closing minutes.

There are so many albums out there that I need that are going for a ridiculous amount of Franklin. :Smug:

I recently spent a silly amount on the Alcest demo tape "Tristesse Hivernale". I actually don't want to say how much because it'll make me look like an idiot!

That Pale Folklore DLP wooden box (the one limited to 60 copies) ending up costing me about $90 and that was direct from Profound Lore! Obviously the thing cost a lot in the first place but it was also pretty heavy and I got it sent registered so postage cost an absolute fortune. Next most was
about $60 (iirc) on In The Woods... - Omnio DLP.

Paid $30-$40 for a 7" before which is again pretty stupid.

For an actual CD I don't recall spending anything over $20. I'd like "Dreamweaver" on CD but I'm not going to pay silly money for it.

I just purchased 2 copies of October Tide - Grey Dawn for $14 a piece. The album isn't nearly as rare as "Rain Without End" due to a 05 re-release, but you won't find it on any distro's sale list. I'll save the 2nd copy for when it really does become "rare", muwahahah [/asshole]

30 (today's) euros for Brocas Helm - Into Battle, 6 years ago, is the more i remember. I have paid 60 euros for a Psychotic Waltz longsleeve though.

I've given 20-25 euros for some stuff, but i guess that does not count for "lots of money for an album". Plus i've seen "rare" albums with ridiculus prices. (example: Revelation - Yet So Far)

I can't remember exactly how much, but Of Stone, Wind, and Pillor cost me around 40$. That was quite the while ago, though.

An excellent EP, if only for the cover of Kneel To The Cross.

Also, why the hell is it that the only Agalloch shirts that go up on ebay are fucking girlie shirts. I've been looking for a reasonable Agalloch shirt for what seems forever, with no luck... Except for the time there was a good one up which got Jaykeeleyed from me in the last 3 seconds of bidding. :(

Sadus - Chemical Exposure
Sadus - Swallowed In Black
Artillery - By Inheritance
Saint Vitus - Saint Vitus
Barathrum - Hailstorm

All for $40-45

Wombbath - Internal Caustic Torments ($35)

Some other stuff (probably about 15-20) albums between $25-35.

I'm not really a collector have thus never spent very much on single records. I like and buy vinyl mostly for the format itself, the sound quality and its durability.

However I did spend some 30€ on the original SotLB vinyl and about the same for the first CD edition of Arckanum's Fran Marder a couple of years ago. But I honestly think that that's about it.

Maybe around $30? Although I almost spent around $60 for a Hirilorn album but was outbid. I also almost got a Judas Iscariot album for some $40-50 but was also outbid. I haven't spent outrageous amounts of money on any album yet but it's not for a lack of trying.

theres probably about 20 cd's that Ive spent $30 or over for.

The most I have spent is probably the RHOD Edition of the new Warning, but that is only because the US Dollar = ABSOLUTE SHIT compared to the British Pound, the conversion charge, the registered mail charge, etc ...should have only been around $25 but ended up being around $55. And I think I spent about $45 for Revelation - Salvations Answer.

Ive sold a few cd's for $150 though. :kickass:

$35 for October Tide - Rain without end
$70 or so for Dark Tranquillity - A moonclad reflection 7"
$35 for Amon Amarth - Arrival of the fimbulwinter MC

$30 Sabbat "Dreamweaver"

Probably a few more, I can't remember. I do know that I've bought some absolute bargains, like Einherjer's "Far Far North" EP for $10 which I've seen sell for $70.

The most I've ever spent was about $60 on an extremely limited 2CD edition of a Kirlian Camera album that has been out of print for about 12 years.

But that's by far the most extreme example.