OOP/Limited Release Albums that you've dropped a dinard on.

Ive only exceeded $40 a few times but quite frankly, if it's something you really want and will actually listen to...I dont see a problem.

I would rather spend $40 on something that will give me eargasms repeatedly than 8 $5 cds that dont get my ears off.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
I think the only time I've approached that sum was for the Hirilorn album

I've got one of the 1000 made as well. It wasnt cheap, but it was worth it.

Then the entire Hirilorn discography gets re-released......which I own as well

#jackass

It seems like CDs are more expensive now than they used to be. I suppose that's a reaction to the digital surge and less buyers of physical media. But even new CDs often cost more now, not just the OOP ones.

Part of that may be the fact that the Christian scene is comparably small. Our rare stuff is R.A.R.E. Thus, it costs a pretty penny to round out the back catalogues of important bands. Even with newer stuff, it's a smaller pressing and most of the labels opt for quality over quantity and do extensive booklets, gold CDs, etc. which means more expensive. I don't think that it's necessarily that costs have gone up though because Vision of God cranks out new material all the time and sells CDs for $8.99 a pop and color vinyl for $19.99. He runs it as a non-profit though so he doesn't charge much more than cost just to keep things running.

I spent about $50 to get Antestor's "Martyrium" and over $80 for "The Defeat of Satan" no. 2 of 999.

God damnit, I just lost an auction to "Rain Without End". I went as high as $84 too. :erk:
i found "rain without end" in a thrift store for like $3 a couple of years back

it was the only metal cd in sight, and it was "rain without end" in mint condition

life is weird sometimes

I have a lot of expensive vinyls and I've never regretted buying any of them. About 6-7 years ago paid $150 for an original purple pressing of "Stormblast" and the value has greatly increased since then (typically fetching around $800-1000 with the poster or $500 minimum for a copy in less than perfect condition). I'd call that a solid investment. Maybe someday people will stop caring about black metal LPs, but I don't think it'll be any time soon. I really only spend money like this on albums which I truly love. It's important to me as a collector.

I spent $50 on a Dawn of the Dead soundtrack once and later found out it was some bullshit bootleg. Got pretty mad really, because as it turns out the guy that sold it to me is sort of known to do this at various conventions 'round the nation. I considered confronting him but then thought "nah, you shoulda done yer research, bub" and let it slide.

Turns out it is a really good bootleg, and I've listened to it many times!

$200 on a 1st press copy of March to the Black Holocaust. Im not even particularly fond of this album, and often ruminate on whether or not I should sell it to buy 10 albums I can get more joy out of. I leave it lying in the cobwebs of my collection to keep metal street cred with elitists. I figure there's some son of a Chad in Martha's Vineyard hitting refresh on ebay pining for said listing.

Got a few other gems I dont hardly recall that cost near a hundo. You cant take dinards nor discs to the grave, so its all a wash.

According to Discogs the item I own that has sold for the highest amount is the original version of the Schaliach - Sonrise CD which has sold for $238.08. I paid $35, plus mine is autographed by Ole Borud. Highly recommended Melodic Death Metal by the way. Recorded in '95, released in '96 by the main guy behind Extol.

Schaliach - Sonrise Front.jpg

I can't believe those prices on "Stormblast" vinyl though I suppose the market is bigger. Vinyl is ALWAYS the way to go.

If the economy were to collapse, which would hold more value?

Who needs crypto? :heh:

Im not fond of that Alcest either. Pussy shit that makes your balls go into your spleen. Bought that at reg price and it easily goes for over a hundo now. Im sure theres plenty more that I have that go for a dozen dinards, but I haven't been following ebay prices for over a decade. May actually start skimming to see what stuff goes for. Albums ike the aforementioned and Lifelover Pulver can be flipped for better "oop" goodies. One man's trash is another man's kvlt. :err:

Last edited:
ever since they re-released the Alcest, it isn't worth as much.

I'm a sucker for Alcest. Pure two in the pinkage, one in the stinkage

I think the most I've spent on a single item for my collection was $128 on the original Nuclear Blast white vinyl version of Mortification's "Scrolls of the Megilloth" with the clear 7" issued to fit all the songs. It's a very rare item and an important part of the history of the scene and one of my favorite albums. It helps that I got the matching NB LP of "Post Momentary Affliction" for very little to balance out the cost.

Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth Nuclear Blast LP.jpg

The next most is Antestor's demo cassette "Despair" which I paid an even $100 for. Another important piece of Christian Metal history that is very difficult to find.

Antestor - Despair Cassette 1.jpg

In general, I don't think I've overpaid for much during this process of building up my collection. I've actually found many more great deals than anything else. Some big winners:

Chords of the Grave compilation: High of $199.98; I paid $18 plus shipping.
Believer - Extraction From Mortality LP: High of $149.99: I paid $50.
Antestor - The Forsaken jewel case CD - High of $125; I paid $18 shipped.
Bride - Live to Die LP - High of $116.76; I paid $25.
Crimson Thorn - Unearthed REX pressing - High of $101.19; I paid $30.
Sculpture - Spiritual Matrix - High of $95.24; I paid $5.

etc.

i dropped some cash on some of The Chasm's albums. Totally worth it.

and lately ive dropped countless dinards in the toilet, along with my personal ass potpourri

I guess the new guy finally got Alcest in the tournament. I actually liked "Shelter." Good for driving around with the fam.
not so fast

i already nominated "spiritual instinct"

new guy got "ecailles de lune" in so alcest is now the only band with two albums in i believe

Reactions: SonOfNun
A STORY ABOUT MY MOST RANDOM VALUABLE CD
by einride

once upon a time i bought like 50 cd's for $50 from a friend. he had trimmed down his collection and i bought all the leftover scraps that he didn't want because that's how i roll. so i got the satyricon intermezzo ep and devil's whorehouse and complete garbage like that but

https://www.discogs.com/Septic-Grave-Caput-Mortuum/release/3675765

this was randomly in the pile and i've seen it go for like $500. it's a 4 song mcd. still have it, because it's actually pretty good, but holy balls

the end

Reactions: Krilons Resa