Open up and say, "Ahhh..."

MaxWolf9

The Unshaven
Feb 16, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.myspace.com
So guys, how's the health of Shadow Demon these days? Any luck in finding a replacement guitarist? And how is James doing on vocal duties? Is it something he's getting a kick out of, or would he rather return to his Bass and let someone new fill Blaine's shoes?

We haven't really tried too hard to recruit guitarists too much lately. We have mainly been focusing on getting down all the old material for live shows. Once we start writing some music and figure out ourselves more about what direction we are going, we will probably focus on finding a guitarist that fits where we are heading.

James is doing awesome! I can't speak for James obviously, but I think having him take over the vocals has really breathed some new life into the band. He sings with a lot of intensity. I am also getting to add a few more vocal parts here and there to the older material which I'm still becoming accustomed to, but having fun doing it. If we can find another guitarist that can sing better than me though, that would be great (I'd rather just stick to the growling as it's kind of hard to switch between both).

Edit: Also was going to mention...I am moving into a new place after February and will probably be in a much better mindset to start writing new material. Things are a little chaotic for me at the moment.

So guys, how's the health of Shadow Demon these days?
"Turn your head...cough..." :D

And how is James doing on vocal duties? Is it something he's getting a kick out of, or would he rather return to his Bass and let someone new fill Blaine's shoes?
Yes, I'm having a good time with it. It was quite a bit of work to get the vocals right and as intense as I wanted while still playing bass still but I think in the end this is going to work out really, really well.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger as they say... or "It builds character" as Calvin's dad would say

Glad to hear that things are in order!