Opener/Closer

Emotional songs like Lethe, Insanity's, Undo Control, Hours Passed In Exile are not good for opening/closing. I can't tell the reason clearly but it should be energetic, fast.

And DT keep it that way.

khanyon said:
Emotional songs like Lethe, Insanity's, Undo Control, Hours Passed In Exile are not good for opening/closing. I can't tell the reason clearly but it should be energetic, fast.
I agree. I would never like to see Lethe as a closer.

I don't personally think that a song has to be fast to be a closer/opener. Yes it has to be energetic, but I think it needs to be more epic than anything else. I think Hours has a pretty epic chorus therefore I think it would be a great closer. Lethe and Insanity's however, don't do the job for me.

The way I see it, the closer is definitely gonna define the mood of the fans after the show. Therefore, Lethe I think is not necessarly the best closer if you want your crowd to be totally screaming for more...However I think that when played live, this song really puts you into a very specific mood and personally, everytime that song is finished I somewhat stand in awe before the band and this I think is a reason why it could be used as a closer. I believe that a very fast and energetic closer always makes you go like "BAM" it's over... That's too abrupt. I agree with Zack when he says the closer should be intense yet very epic.

@Zack.. About "Hours".. After clicking on "post reply" I checked my post and realized that Hours PIE could be a great closer, really. I think when telling about emotions, I just missed the main point of thread. I'm agreed with you.

Haha awesome, but keep in mind it's cool to disagree. ;)

@RampageSword.. You made serious sense. But during the concert, fans be in all moods and when it comes to end, they would be tired for a Lethe. What they deserve is a smashing song, I think.

I was talking to Khanyon

No, absolutely not! I was just... being an idiot. I dunno, for some reason I thought you were a forum "noob" or something and I had to educate you on etiquette. My apologies, obviously you know what you are talking about and it's time for me to stop playing "top dog"

But it was some mighty resistance, wasn't it? :lol:

Zack said:
I was talking to Khanyon

No, absolutely not! I was just... being an idiot. I dunno, for some reason I thought you were a forum "noob" or something and I had to educate you on etiquette. My apologies, obviously you know what you are talking about and it's time for me to stop playing "top dog"

But it was some mighty resistance, wasn't it? :lol:

Maybe I am a forum noob. But what I told was what I thougt, here. And I know "resistance" is a wierd word to be used here but it was the best I could handle with my English.

Again my apologies, but I was not making fun of your choice of words. Resistance is the perfect word to use there. I was just trying to end the post in a light hearted manner. And no you are not a forum noob, I was just being stupid. Also, I know your opinion was valid, not superficial. Can I be forgiven?

Haha not you, I meant the smiley (and I only knew that because you explained it in Q and A)