Opera IX............believe it............

Borknagar121

Jan 28, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.metalforlife.com
Opera IX - Maleventum *****_ Review by Eddie's Little Helper

Okay its been a while I have done any review, and its about time......time for some brutallity, madness, sickness, deathness, blackness, gothness, darkness, or some fucken life.
How long has it been you have heard such an album with full of life? Honestly how long? Well wait no more. Italy is back with one of its best Mad child .....MADras, Opera IX and Inc. made a brilliant decision, ohh yeah they were MAD alright choosing Madras with their latest release Maleventum. Italian Black hearted angels are back with an arrogant attitude to prove someone wrong. A vengence to demand their presence in metal world. I kid you not, yeah you thought opera IX will rest with "A tribute to irons", but its been several years, and the black angels has kept their curses alive through the blackest album of the year. A few people, including me were very disappointed, when my sex goddess "cadaveria" was asked to leave the band, And I was left puzzled, OMG...........whats gonna happen to Opera IX? The father of madness reminded us, "make no mistake................I am the lord of chaos". Metalheads trust me, there is not a single weak song in this album, and it gets better by minutes. The vocal substitution is one of the best since Bon Scott of AC/DC. I pour a cup of my poisoned blood for that decision. I admit, there is not much solo in this album, and it was never meant to be, but the riffs, gosh...puts iced Earth into shame. And the keys? I have never enjoyed a an album such heavy, with melody and passion in a long time. Brother of italian metal...............Keep it alive. Liars, they are all liars, don't let the cover art fool you. Ypu expected cadaveria clone...............and madras popped up. U fools.