Operation Mindcrime 2

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
"Art rock pioneers QUEENSRŸCHE will perform the classic album "Operation: Mindcrime" in its entirety on the upcoming fall 2004/winter 2005 tour, which is being presented by VH1 Classic. A "greatest hits" set will open each show, and at the end of the night there will be a preview of the upcoming Sanctuary Records release "Operation: Mindcrime II", the working title of the long-awaited, eagerly desired sequel to the groundbreaking concept album. Audiences will be blown away by the Surround Sound audio setup on the tour.

Vocalist Geoff Tate, guitarist Michael Wilton, guitarist Mike Stone, bassist Eddie Jackson and drummer Scott Rockenfield will open each show with a "greatest hits" set ending with the smash "Silent Lucidity". Local orchestra string sections will perform with the band in select cities. Michael Igor Delassandra, formerly an official composer for the Vatican, will accompany QUEENSRŸCHE and perform on keyboards.

“The band is so excited to be performing 'Operation: Mindcrime' in its entirety again after not having done this in 15 years," says Tate. "We are presenting it in a whole new way that finally does justice the intricacies of the story and the personalities of the characters.”

"Operation: Mindcrime" will be recreated in full with enhanced production. Live actors will embody the fascinating characters of this chilling tale — interacting both on stage and off. Vocalist Pamela Moore, who toured with QUEENSRŸCHE recently, will be back to provide the vocals of the album's pivotal character, "Sister Mary". New video footage will be incorporated as well. QUEENSRŸCHE also performed "Operation: Mindcrime" in its entirety in 1990-91, but this time around new and expanded video footage will be used. Fans who saw the show in 1990-91 will enjoy a more vivid experience this time.

One of the most exciting parts of each concert will certainly be the finale — the preview of "Operation: Mindcrime II". Fans have wanted a sequel ever since "Operation: Mindcrime" exploded and earned the band critical acclaim and commercial success. In particular, fans have always asked one burning question in relation to the "Operation: Mindcrime" plot: "Who killed Sister Mary?" The new album, scheduled for release in 2005, will address that question."

Does anyone think this could be anything less than a giant steaming turd when its done? Queensryche havent made even a decent album in years, and Geoff Tate doesnt even like metal/hard rock at all anymore, not to mention Degarmo isnt even in the band now...

I may be cynical, but ill bet a million dollars Sanctuary management were the ones who came up with the idea, and presented it to the band, in fact id say Sanctuary had this album in mind when they signed them...

Im still kind of curious about it in a morbid way though :) At least they wont die wondering if they should have made a sequel :)

Saw Last Action Hero yesty, and when I heard Real World I wept.

What an awesome placement for an awesome song.

I guess the questions which needs asking are:

What will it actually be about?

Since last time Nikki was basically locked up in a mental hospital and told his entire story of the events leading to his locking up. Is there anything else he can comment on? Well besides the fact 10 years have passed I guess he could run into more trouble again.

Or will we get someone completely different? A differing perspectative? Dr X?

And can Queensryche, an aging early 90's rock band be able to pull off another harsh cynical concept justice album? The middle-aged never do quite capture that element the youth have of raging against society.

It'll be interesting, I just hope it won't fall into a gigantic hole.

Since when were Queensryche "art rock pioneers"? They were never art rock in the first place.

"Real World" is awesome, and it's especially awesome on the bootleg I've got from the Promised Land tour - they go from "Waiting for 22" straight to "Real World" and it's BRILLIANT.

Well, at least they are giving it a shot, if it sucks, it sucks, it wont matter, the original will still kick ass, but id rather them give it a try anyway, even if its just due to morbid fascination at a bunch of 40 year old soft rockers who are out of touch making a sequel to a classic album :)

How can they expand the story that much anyway? A story about nikki in jail? when he gets out? Mary isnt really dead and has had sex change and nikki turns gay to be with him/her? Ok maybe not that but hmmm

The thing with Bat Out Of Hell 2 is that it was better than anything else he'd done since Bat Out Of Hell 1. Reading this thread, I don't think that's what these guys are worried about.

Bat Out Of Hell 2 was pretty damn rocking :headbang: Not as good as the almighty original of course, but still great :headbang: