Opeth – The Roundhouse Tapes

Yeah the delay in the DVD means that it's gonna seem pretty dated by the time it comes out, especially since it'll be after the new album.

I don't find that a problem with any of the other DVDs I have and have been thrilled with some of the DVD concerts that have been reissued in this format....

Do you people only listen or watch new music?

I don't find that a problem with any of the other DVDs I have and have been thrilled with some of the DVD concerts that have been reissued in this format....

Do you people only listen or watch new music?
Well no, its not that the music will have grown old per se, just that its likely that the excitement of the new album is likely to overshadow the DVD release, and it'll be further lessened because most people who would have bought the DVD will already have heard the show on cd by then anyway.

Definately a great album/collection. I just can't believe how tight those guys are on stage.

Great performance & impeccable sound quality. Glad that they included songs from the whole Opeth repertoire (as opposed to Lamentations DVD that only had more recent stuff) -- I guess that's one benefit from going to Roadrunner.

Only negative is that Mikael sounds like a complete dick in his between-song banter ... much more so then on Lamentations or various bootlegs I've heard. Wonder if this is just shtick or if success is going to his head...

A must for opeth fans, especially if you've missed hearing any of thier older tunes in concert, i was especially happy to see track listings from the Blackwater Park album, while i'm not a huge fan of "live" cds as a whole, this definately was a breath of fresh air in the leu of recent releases coming our way...
buy it!
-

They did a steller job on this live release,glad they played older songs. I'm looking forward to seeing the dvd someday.

I've seen Opeth live and this was a great representation of the band. I haven't heard a good live album since Iced Earth's Alive in Athens, but Roundhouse Tapes is actually very good. The production is clear, but not too clear that you could mistake listening to a studio album which I find very anoying. Great album!

I love how they play The Night and The Silent Water. Its one of Opeth's most amazing songs i think. When he announced it, right before they played, i got chills. All the other song choices were great as well. Demon of the Fall is godly live. DEMON!...DEMON OF THE FALLL!!!!!!!!!Haha. I'm suprised they played Under the Weeping Moon, but i'm glad they did becuase i absolutley love the acoustic guitar interlude with the screeches of the guitar to go with it. :headbang::headbang: