Opeth #3 album of Year

They deserve number one. Most of us here are pretty biased, though, so number three isn't bad. Besides, if anyone else was going to get the number one slot, there's no one better than Porcupine Tree for that particular category.

I consider both Frances and Ghost Reveries to be better than Deadwing. I wasn't impressed by it.

I like Deadwing a lot but I think In Absentia is better. Ghost Reveries was my favorite album of '05 by far.

Jon Snow said:
I like Deadwing a lot but I think In Absentia is better. Ghost Reveries was my favorite album of '05 by far.
While GR wasn't necessarily my absolute favorite (it was amazing but a lot of great music came out this year.. Catch 33 and Frances the Mute are contenders for 1st), I definitely agree that In Absentia was better than Deadwing. Deadwing had too much cheese (I know it's based off of a movie script, but come on... where are all of the memorable songs that were on the first half of In Absentia?).

I personaly did not like Deadwing very much. It really was a disapointment to me. The only songs I actually liked on that album were "Deadwing" the song, and "arriving somewhere but not here" all the other one's sound "adolescent" to me, especially "Halo" and a few others which I can't remember. But those two aforementioned songs that I liked off that record are well worth the purchase of the cd!

As far as Opeth, thats pretty cool how there on the top five from a site that's relatively non-metal! That in itself is quite impressive.

pac1288:
"As far as Opeth, thats pretty cool how there on the top five from a site that's relatively non-metal! That in itself is quite impressive."

Agreed :) I use this site alot, and i'm glad they regard Opeth so highly