Ghost Reveries RATINGS

in limbow said:
The Mars Volta's Frances the Mute is surely the best of 2005, and Ghost Reveries is FAAAAR from the best prog album ever. More like King Crimsons' Red or In the Court of the Crimson King.

that album does fucking rock....i find gr and that one pretty close....the opening track on that album is one of my favorite songs....ever...those guys are amazing...i would love to see an opeth/mars volta tour....i think i might commit suicide after that.....having nothing to live for anymore.

If it's not even the best Opeth album ever, how can it be the best prog album?

WeepingMoon said:
why should we vote for an album that you just want to see go up higher... Ghost Reveries is about where it should be on that list when you consider the other contenders.

I still don't get why The Wall is below Ghost Reveries for best Prog Rock album ever :lol:
the wall's actually one of floyd's worse albums if you ask me....it's not even that prog throughout man....fucking darkside of the moon

and no I don't think Ghost Reveries is the best prog album ever, but I wouldn't call someone an idiot for thinking so....I really think Akerfeldt did a kick ass jon utilizing the effects the used....i think at many moments on this album Akerfeldt did what he was trying to with damnation....and that's showing his respect/influence that prog bands back in the day had on him **shrugs**

@Heliotropic_Rose

well i'm just old school i guess with the pink floyd. The Wall isn't my favorite album by them...probably my 4th. My favorite is either Animals or Wish You Were Here. Dark Side is fuckin awesome for it's time tho, so thats up there of course. but anyway, i wouldn't say that ghost reveries is a better prog rock album than the fuckin' Wall man. :lol: it's like apples and oranges, The Wall is straight up prog rock and Ghost Reveries is just influenced by it.. if u know what i mean.

the 2nd bit you said, if you are directing that comment at me- i don't think i called anyone an idiot for thinking GR is the best prog rock album ever...

but anyway! I have no real problems with ghost reveries, it's a good album... it's just not as prog as some of their other work imo

JoeVice said:
that album does fucking rock....i find gr and that one pretty close....the opening track on that album is one of my favorite songs....ever...those guys are amazing...i would love to see an opeth/mars volta tour....i think i might commit suicide after that.....having nothing to live for anymore.

I saw both bands live this year, and I have to say I was quite disappointed with Mars Volta... They just played 20 minute jam versions of their songs, which can be very interesting sometimes, but then it was just boring. Opeth was great, but there was nothing I wouldn't have expected, if you know what I mean... Nothing "EXTRAORDINARY WOW GODDAMMIT KICKASS MAN", still I would go there again.

I saw a gig by the Danish band Mew on tv last night, filmed at the same festival where I saw TMV, and I regret not going to see them then! It looked absolutely marvellous, they had these beautiful animations in a video screen and everything... IMO their album "And the Glass-Handed Kites" is seriously challenging Ghost Reveries as the best album to come out in 2005. Beautiful progpoprock.

Best prog album of the year, yes, not the best album.
Best prog album ever = Fragile, you idiots.