Opeth - 3rd best album of 2005 according to 111 musicians

opeth_353 said:
...anybody have any idea as to why portnoy is thanked in the ghost reveries booklet?

Because they are friends and talk to each other sometimes. And they are also talking on and off about the project you probably already know of.

JoeVice said:
do you mean, the one with the most similar taste to your's?

no, i mean the person who knows there is music outside of metal worth hearing, and is able to see the value of music in different ways. By the albums that kept being mentioned, i don't think most of those people have a clue what's out there. Living in a box.

Mumblefood said:
no, i mean the person who knows there is music outside of metal worth hearing, and is able to see the value of music in different ways. By the albums that kept being mentioned, i don't think most of those people have a clue what's out there. Living in a box.

Read the list again :p

Mumblefood said:
the new Opeth is good, but have you heard those ones? Definitely beat out Opeth for me. In fact, Ghost Reveries i don't think is even in my top 10 for the year.

I just thought that Opeth was more compatable with Wilson's tastes (especialy Ghost Reveries, which is in my top 3). But good point. I haven't heard most of those.

Mumblefood said:

Its just a top 3 list, and most of those people are into metal. It seems natural to me. Your top 3 don't have to be diverse.

Sadguru said:
Read the list again :p

...too lazy. haha.

Braighs said:
Its just a top 3 list, and most of those people are into metal. It seems natural to me. Your top 3 don't have to be diverse.

true, but stilll... albums like Stabbing The Drama? that was a horrible excuse for an album. It seemed like a lot of them were picking bad albums by good bands just because said good band released an album this year. Plus, not that it means much, but they were all picking such "popular" albums. I have nothing against popularity, but in the case of metal, it's often a pretty bad sign.

Each to their own, but Rammstein's Rosenrot got mentioned too much for my money. I love some of the older techno-ey Rammstein but the new album is tedious drivel IMO.

Pasi Pasanen (Swallow The Sun)

Meshuggah - Catch 33
Strapping Young Lad - Alien
Gojira - From Mars to Sirius
Confessor - Unraveled
Burst - Origo

LOL

LOL

saw them live, they ain't that bad, but how can this guy vote Origo and not Ghost Reveries? XDDDD

omfg lol

btw, I'm really disappointed in seeing Solefald only once (Niklas Sundin i love you!) and Arcturus only twice...