Opeth and drum mess...

mmmmm not quite sure what he's on about, they recorded the drums for deliverance themselves and shall we say there were a few errors/bad choices made in the techniques used, but yknow...keeps me in a job! Martin is quite fussy about cymbal stuff and I cant remember if there were only 2 oh's recorded, even though he had god knows how many cymbals. If I'm micing OH's I'll always try and get 2 cymbals per mic

Andy Sneap said:
mmmmm not quite sure what he's on about, they recorded the drums for deliverance themselves and shall we say there were a few errors/bad choices made in the techniques used, but yknow...keeps me in a job! Martin is quite fussy about cymbal stuff and I cant remember if there were only 2 oh's recorded, even though he had god knows how many cymbals. If I'm micing OH's I'll always try and get 2 cymbals per mic
Ah well bad sounding cymbals can ruin a whole recording imo. They ended up sounding quite nice actually so you did a pretty awesome job. ;)

The only thing i really noticed was in the dvd when they have those shots of him playing on the documentary part the ride bell sounded like total crap, then again that was recorded on a camera haha :loco: