When
Bleak
Face of Melinda
Night and The Silent Water
The Grand Conjuration
Windowpane
Blackwater Park

Encore: Deliverance

Really enjoyed the performance but got the feeling that the band didn't get much from the audience. It seemed like Mikael was getting heckled a little bit between songs and a lot of people obviously didn't know the songs because they started applauding when they went to a quiet bit. Just my impressions, I could be wrong.

Hearing BWP live was great. Paradise Lost felt a bit flat and lifeless but were not bad for a support act.

You're not wrong. The Pompey audience sucked. Bloody apathy at gigs always pisses me off. Cheers for posting the set in the right order...I was nearly there. ;)

You're not wrong. The Pompey audience sucked. Bloody apathy at gigs always pisses me off. Cheers for posting the set in the right order...I was nearly there. ;)

They were punished by repeated Tom Petty intros... they seemed like a load of metalcore knobs tbh... moshing to face of Melinda? :erk:

Some Akerfeldt classics from last night....

Wanker in the crowd: "You're shit!"
MA: "DAD???!!!"

MA: "We are Opeth from Stockholm...you know where that is?? It's in Germany"

Multiple Tom Petty intros

...and other comedy moments that I can't remember right now.

Great set and performances from the guys. When, BWP, Deliverance were stonkingly good!! :kickass:

deliverance should deffinately be left off for the dvd, as to ensure its filled with completely different tracks from lamentations. surely the other finale, demon of the fall will do just fine

I don't suppose they will, but does anyone have a Paradise Lost setilst?

That setlist is ok, definately not what I would have picked because it's largely similar to the set they played last time they came through here. And I have no desire to see 'Face Of Melinda' live.

HOWEVER, the setlist contains 'Blackwater Park', and that was all I was really hoping for :D:D:D

And I have no desire to see 'Face Of Melinda' live.

Blimey. FoM is better live than on the disc.
Im a bit gutted i wont get to hear Under the Weeping Moon live.....i know they played that in their chronology set and i heard that the mid-section with all the spooky sounds works really well.
BWP is just awesome live....glad they are keeping that one in. Night and silent water will be excellent to hear. I would prefer to hear closure rather than windowpane.

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time.

how long did they play for?

They came on at 9.15 and finished at 11. I heard rumours there was a curfew at 11 so they maybe didn't have time for DotF :err:

I am interested to see what sort of set PL are going to give...

I imagine it will be similar to the setlist I saw them play when they headlined last year. There was a good mix, I thought, of new and fairly old. Classics like 'As I Die', 'Enchantment', and 'Hallowed Land', interspersed with newer material. Live, I actually thought the material from 'One Second' came off best, which surprised me as it isn't one of my favourites. They even found time for 'So Much Is Lost'.

I would very much like to hear them play 'Shine'.

PL's setlist:

1. Erased
2. Isolate
3. Grey
4. Hallowed Land
5. Redshift
6. Embers Fire
7. No Celebration
8. Shadowkings
9. Pity the Sadness
10. As I Die
11. One Second
12. Forever After
13. Say Just Words
14. Eternal

I was going to try and write a much more
refined review but I am knacker-oooonied!

Portsmouth Setlist:

Ghost of Perdition- Ghost Reveries
When- My Arms Your Hearse
Bleak- Blackwater Park
Face of Melinda- Still Life
The Night And The Silent Water- Morningrise
The Grand Conjuration- Ghost Reveries
Windowpane- Damnation
Blackwater Park-Blackwater Park
Encore:

Deliverance- Deliverance

That's a song from every album they've