Opeth and Paradise Lost in the UK.

3rd time I've seen the Opeth guys live and they just keep getting better each time! It does really piss me off when you get bloody hecklers tho Mike was quick to shoot em down in flames.

Was really cool to hear some of the earlier tracks; Under the Weeping Moon and Face of Melinda - Mike did say they got a load of shit from people over the first two albums. Sod em, they're classics!

Hard to pick out a 'best' song of the night tho BWP or Grand Conjuration would get my vote!

Wasn't sure about the new drummer before this gig - had some big boots to fill (Lopez), tho it's safe to say the guy's mustard!

Nice one boys - Always welcome in Brum!

(BTW) Hope Mike kept that bra that got flung on stage! (bet he's tried it on too!)

3rd time I've seen the Opeth guys live and they just keep getting better each time! It does really piss me off when you get bloody hecklers tho Mike was quick to shoot em down in flames.

Was really cool to hear some of the earlier tracks; Under the Weeping Moon and Face of Melinda - Mike did say they got a load of shit from people over the first two albums. Sod em, they're classics!

Hard to pick out a 'best' song of the night tho BWP or Grand Conjuration would get my vote!

Wasn't sure about the new drummer before this gig - had some big boots to fill (Lopez), tho it's safe to say the guy's mustard!

Nice one boys - Always welcome in Brum!

(BTW) Hope Mike kept that bra that got flung on stage! (bet he's tried it on too!)

ooooooooooh! They played under the weeping moon? different set list then!!!!

ooooooooooh! They played under the weeping moon? different set list then!!!!
Yes they played Under the Weeping Moon instead of Bleak and TGC wasn't shortened. Mike was fuckin hilarious:
Guy in crowd: "Turn it up we can't fucking hear it!!"
Mike: "Must be all the wax in your ears"

And after a bra was thrown on stage
Mike: "Wow, I can still feel the body heat. And it's all sweaty. Let's see where you are, baby"
Bunch of men point to a short fat woman
Mike: "Oh my..."

Blackwater Park was the highlight, though the crowd pissed me off during Face of Melinda because I was the only one to cheer when it came on. My only fault with the show was that they didn't play Closure

Right as you look at the stage.

Me also.

Recognise this fucked up little man?
1392114635_l.jpg

Yes they played Under the Weeping Moon instead of Bleak and TGC wasn't shortened. Mike was fuckin hilarious:
Guy in crowd: "Turn it up we can't fucking hear it!!"
Mike: "Must be all the wax in your ears"

And after a bra was thrown on stage
Mike: "Wow, I can still feel the body heat. And it's all sweaty. Let's see where you are, baby"
Bunch of men point to a short fat woman
Mike: "Oh my..."

Blackwater Park was the highlight, though the crowd pissed me off during Face of Melinda because I was the only one to cheer when it came on. My only fault with the show was that they didn't play Closure

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! The man is a comic genius.

I went to the Exeter gig and apart from some shitty mallcore kids, Opeth fucking ruled.

Setlist (might not be in order):
Ghost of Perdition
When
Under the Weeping Moon
The Night and the Silent Water
Face of Melinda
Windowpane
The Grand Conjuration
Blackwater Park

encore:
Demon of the Fall.

This must be one of the best set lists I've ever seen of there's. Fucking amazing night.

I went to the Exeter gig and apart from some shitty mallcore kids, Opeth fucking ruled.

Setlist (might not be in order):
Ghost of Perdition
When
Under the Weeping Moon
The Night and the Silent Water
Face of Melinda
Windowpane
The Grand Conjuration
Blackwater Park

encore:
Demon of the Fall.

This must be one of the best set lists I've ever seen of there's. Fucking amazing night.

yeah i was at that gig aswell. there were some fuckin ghey little grebo kids. did anyone see that fuckin gimp with the a7x tshirt? he was pissing me off.

yeah i was at that gig aswell. there were some fuckin ghey little grebo kids. did anyone see that fuckin gimp with the a7x tshirt? he was pissing me off.

I didn't notice anyone with an A7X t-shirt on, then again they all looked the bloody same.

I sure hope that youtube vid isn't indicative of how they sound in concert...sorry but the quality of that vid was absolute bollocks....

I sure hope that youtube vid isn't indicative of how they sound in concert...sorry but the quality of that vid was absolute bollocks....

:err:

You'll be pleased to know that's not how Opeth sound in concert. I actually thought the quality was pretty good considering it was probably recorded on someone's mobile.

Seeing as you don't know how an Opeth gig sounds, I'll assume that you a.) haven't been to an Opeth gig, and b.) haven't got the Lamentations DVD. In which case you need to do both! :kickass:

they sound fuckin brilliant in concert. the tightest band ive ever seen. its not a messy sound at all, and what do u expect from a video shot on somebodies phone?