Opeth artwork...

IanDork107

I wrote a book! Buy it!
Sep 9, 2002
Not here.
Yep, that´s right. Got it downloaded to my computer.
It´s in black and white, but that´s just this version. I´m pretty sure the final version will be in som nice colors.

Well, if anyone can tell me where I can upload stuff, I´ll do it.
Let me put it this way: the cover is not what I expected. It´s a photo of someone (a child I think) in a bed. You can also see a chair and a mirror with a face in.

How do I know it´s the real thing? Well, I got from a friend who is a journalist on Close-Up, Swedens biggest metal magazine. And he in his turn got to listen to Deliverance today. I think he´s one of the first journalists who have heard the album. He said he almost went in to tears when he heard it. It was that good.

This was originally posted on the Opeth board earlier today. Is that actually what the cover is like, and also, have you any idea when we can expect to see it?

Sounds like the cover to me, but there is no one in the bed. but thats only half as the entire thing is over 2 panels and you don't see the whole thing at once. Both cd's will be (I think...layout still is being prepared) of a series of black and white photography of a location requested by Mikael, as close to his vision as I was able to get. The photos used were taken by myself and Two generous friends: Ken Seaney and Rex Zachary. This one was very much a group effort. We are still determining what will be used and where and as I complete each piece I am going to see what I can subtly sneak into them and have chosen and approved by the band. The photos to me are very interesting, but it is a very different thing to those expecting another BWP cover. Out of respect to the band and label, I never make the art public until I send them the final layout, see the cover in a printed ad or know the promos are mailed.

wow, maybe Mike printed out a proof or something to send out with that demo or whatever that guy lisented to that had their new one it.

that sounded confusing huh lol

thanks for the props Travis you sure are swell Wally

Originally posted by Seems like Trav
Sounds like the cover to me, but there is no one in the bed. but thats only half as the entire thing is over 2 panels and you don't see the whole thing at once. Both cd's will be (I think...layout still is being prepared) of a series of black and white photography of a location requested by Mikael, as close to his vision as I was able to get. The photos used were taken by myself and Two generous friends: Ken Seaney and Rex Zachary. This one was very much a group effort. We are still determining what will be used and where and as I complete each piece I am going to see what I can subtly sneak into them and have chosen and approved by the band. The photos to me are very interesting, but it is a very different thing to those expecting another BWP cover. Out of respect to the band and label, I never make the art public until I send them the final layout, see the cover in a printed ad or know the promos are mailed.

Well, not that I should have seen it, but I did and I think it looks awesome. I can't wait to see the full series.

Travis, :eek:
The Opeth cover looks really cool!!! I think it's my favorite Opeth cover actually. Personal tastes, I like the way it's got that old-timey feel to it.
Congrats, man... another winner in your portfolio. :)

Just curious, are there inside pics on the insert? or is it more just plain background in the middle where the lyrics would be. I guess my question is how many pictures to the set..or is it just the one double-size. I really dig that, it's very vinyl-ish. heheh wonder why.

Have you pretty much finished (or even started?) on the second cd cover? Not prying for info specifically as how it relates or anything... I'm just wondering if they're all done at the same time or you'll tackle that later closer to release?

The dark colonial feel is absolutely spectacular, I can't believe this is really gonna be the cover! I can't wait to hear the music even more now, if the atmosphere is anywhere near the image...

I actually have one criticism of the Deliverance cover to throw out, which pertains to the logo. I love the cover image itself and it creates a definate mood for the album, but I question if the old floral Opeth logo fits that mood. It seems to me to fit a more outdoor scenic style of image a la all the other covers it's on, but this darker, indoor b&w image... I dunno. It's a great logo, and perhaps the band insisted it was kept, but I think perhaps the cover would work better if it was updated. Just a thought.

Whaddayathink?