Opeth at Roskilde festival 2006

Nomansvally

Scandinavian...
Dec 21, 2005
South-Norway
I'm just wondering if somebody was there, I'm curious if there are any photos or links to streaming from the show. What about the setlist?

a friend of mine is down there now. Only thing I've heard from him was that" the opeth bass player is so damn good!!1 playing amazing stuff while headbanging like crazy!"

don't know anything about setlist, but probably similar to the other recent ones. deliverance, grand conjuration, closure and ehrm something something.

The Roskilde show was great! Setlist as follows...

the Grand Conjuration
the Amen Corner
White Cluster
Closure
The Baying of the Hounds
Deliverance

Only complaint was the rather short amount of time they played, but thats to be expected at a festival... and (as usual :mad: ) Peters guitar could barely be heard...

It was interesting hearing Axenrot behind the drumkit again (haven't seen Opeth live since October) and see how he has progressed while with Opeth... Sadly I don't think he reaches the qualities of Lopez when performing the songs but its difficult to really judge him before we hear new songs recorded with him...

On a sidenote... Tool's show yesterday was fucking brilliant... quite possibly the best performance I've ever seen...

Cheers...

Thanks for the information. I'm attending The Quart festival on the 4th of July to see Opeth with Tool playing later the same day. I really can't get any sleep lately 'cos I'm looking so damn forward to this event! :loco:

Kirkfjell said:
The Roskilde show was great! Setlist as follows...

the Grand Conjuration
the Amen Corner
White Cluster
Closure
The Baying of the Hounds
Deliverance

Only complaint was the rather short amount of time they played, but thats to be expected at a festival... and (as usual :mad: ) Peters guitar could barely be heard...

It was interesting hearing Axenrot behind the drumkit again (haven't seen Opeth live since October) and see how he has progressed while with Opeth... Sadly I don't think he reaches the qualities of Lopez when performing the songs but its difficult to really judge him before we hear new songs recorded with him...

On a sidenote... Tool's show yesterday was fucking brilliant... quite possibly the best performance I've ever seen...

Cheers...

Yeah, I was at Roskilde too. I was surprised that they played the amen corner, they did a little live "twitch" to it, which was cool. It was a killer live song.

And I agree about the Tool, it was simply amazing, though Roger Waters and Wolfmother was great too.

Great show, but the quality of the sound was awful it reached bearable state during “deliverance” This really ruined the show for me.

Mikael was making fun saying that we should show him out middle finder when we liked the songs. And he didn’t want to talk like the others metal singers like “arghhh groooo hurghhh” he wanted to talk plain so we were able to understand when he insulted us. He said something like “I met Bob Dylan he asked if I wanted to se his concert, and I answered “Fuck you Bob Dylan”” It was all just in jest.

Yea I was there too.. The setlist was cool but as mentioned elsewhere, the sound wasn't at its best.

I think Mike was quite funny, quoteing the Bob Dylan thing:

Mike: "Are you going to see Bob Dylan tonight?"
Crowd: "YEAH!"
Mike: "Bob called me earlier today and said: Hi Mike, are you coming to see the show tonight? No Bob, Fuck off"

I don't think he was an asshole at all, in fact I found him quite hilarious.

This was discussed on many occasions, but I think Mike made a tremendous progress as a frontman since SOTU. Some people complain it doesn't correspond with the seriousness of the lyrics nut I say: fuck 'em :lol:

can't wait to see them play in Poland !!!

He also added.. "No really, I like Bob." in after the "No Bob, fuck off" thing... barely audible though ; )

Mike showed his middlefingers to all parts of the crowd and said it was his "new sign of approval" so he whenever its something he likes he shows his middlefinger... which according to himself was "all the time" :kickass:

Haha, he after having "fucked off" the crowd to the left and right he even said "and all the niggaz in the back!" and showed his middlefingers again to the back of the crowd...

I can easily understand why some people (especially the ones who don't know English very well) can find Mike offending... as we all here know its all jest though... Mike really has become cocky since releasing Ghost Reveries... he use to be such a nice, well-spoken lad... :lol:

Ave...