Opeth @ Barcelona

Duende

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
One of the best rock live shows I have ever listen to.

Very solid show. I especially enjoyed Bleak, The Drapery Falls, Deliverance, and A Fair Judgement, this last one received a monumental ovation on each break of the song (incredible being there), Advent sounded really good the way they played it and the complety show was amazing, all the musicians were excellent in their own but i enjoyed specially Martin Lopen works on drums, he keeped me all the time really entertained while the music was pushing further and further what a holy combination ! The 70's influenced bits sounded really psychedelic to my ears and i was like floating, the folkier bits were magnific and the death metal bits were a headbanging storm each song was like a monumental travel in mind. This show goes directly to my top 5 acts, sincerely.

Two words for describing the show: quality and soul.

Thanks Opeth.

finally someone who posts something about the opeth concerts of these days...

is it possible that opeth have made 7 shows in europe sincs today, and we have so few news about them???? the USA response was so much bigger... almost a thread a show.

please, post something... tomorrow i'll be in milan, for the apocalypse...

is it possible that opeth have made 7 shows in europe sincs today, and we have so few news about them???? the USA response was so much bigger... almost a thread a show.
Well, I guess that's because people in this boards are mostly Americans. Anyway, I'm also surprised that just one guy commented any of the three gigs in Spain... To tell the truth, here in Spain we have the lowest level of English in the whole Europe and that could be a reason too.

As for the concert in Madrid...let's see if I find the words...
"FUCKING AMAZING" is not enough to define it. Truly unforgettable. It went beyond all my expectations, which were not few (being an Opeth fan since the 'Orchid' times).
The four guys were incredible, super professional, but I'll pay honour to Mikael. His singing was perfect both the growls and the clean voice and I still can't understand how he is capable of playing those complicated riffs and singing at the same time. He must have 2 guys inside... astonishing.
I enjoyed EVERY song but my favourites were 'Advent', 'The Drapery Falls', and 'Demon of the Fall'. As Duende said, we also gave an ovation in every break of "A Fair Judgedment" which almost brought tears to my eyes.
The only 'complaint' I have is that people didn't mosh with "Demon of the Fall":eek: ... they just headbanged respectfully.
It was well worth the money and the 12 hours of bus from Seville. I can easily state that it has been the best gig I've ever been to.
My neck still hurts 3 days after the show but never a pain was so pleasant...

Originally posted by HandePora
Did the people mosh during "Demon of the Fall" in other gigs?? (I'm curious)

Yes in Paris - France they did ! :mad: The moshers began to apperear during deliverance, It was incredible, i remember last year when i saw Opeth at the Dynamo, the crowd was quiet, but here absolutely not !

Originally posted by HandePora
Well, I guess that's because people in this boards are mostly Americans. Anyway, I'm also surprised that just one guy commented any of the three gigs in Spain... To tell the truth, here in Spain we have the lowest level of English in the whole Europe and that could be a reason too.

NOT, french people have the worst level of English, i swear !:lol: