Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Damnation

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Watershed

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
damnation if he is fond of the penis, resurrection through carnage if he likes real music

MorningRise was the album that got me into opeth personally. The classic low production quality, mixed with the distortion of the guitars makes for something of a mood. MR is considered the Magnus Opus of Opeth due to the long run times , and technicalities of the songs, so it would be a great introduction, a real introduction to the Prog Metal side of Opeth.

I think Damnation is the worst choice as an introduction to Opeth because it gives a false impression - it doesn't reflect the rest of their catalog at all. It is entirely possible for a person to love Damnation and hate everything else they've ever done (and the reverse is also true).

Still Life is my recommendation. It got me into Opeth. :)

Depends. Unless they like death metal, they're going to probably hate anything with growls in it.

I'd recommend Damnation as a beginner album.

i voted ghost reveries, cause its what i got into them on(laugh if you must, its still a fucking great album, but i know some peopel dont like it), but thats only if they're metal people, if not id say damnation

seriously now of course it damnation... dont be retarded people no one likes death growls

Id say Ghost Reveries because it is very accessible and has very nice light moods and heavy moods. It was my first album and It clicked right away. Still Life would be my second choice. Although Blackwater Park is my favorite opeth album, it took a very very long time to understand the music. After like 5 listens I got into Blackwater Park. Id say Ghost Reveries with Damnation to show both the sides of the band. Just DO NOT and I repeat DO NOTTTT GIVE THEM DELIVERANCE!!!