Opeth Brisbane gig - now only 18+

The internet never ceases to amaze me! You kids around 20ish are all used to it, but it's insane how info just appears so quickly!

Anyway, don't think (I hope) they'll be playing in that venue again in (I hope) 8 months! I went to lots of gigs U18 and I woulda been sooo mad if that happened to me... People were so chilled about it though. If this would have happened in Argentina (where I'm from originally) I can guarantee they would have broken something and then blame it on death metal :(
Obviously someone have contacted channel 9 about this for them to be there.
Lol, I remember the lady appearing in 0.33 seconds.

I could almost guarantee they will play The Arena again when they tour next - I don't think it would be in the promoters interest moving the shows to the Convention Centre or Riverstage. They will sell out The Arena whether it's 18+ or all ages, personally I think sound wise The Arena is great and still maintains intimacy.

I wish they would play at the Riverstage, that would be epic. Dammit I love that venue, cause wherever you are the sounds great and you can see the band really well. The Arena is cool for it's intimacy though.

I thought the inside of the venue was actually quite cool. It felt like there was much less separation between the crowd and the band. However the area that its in is fucking dodgey vill. There were way to many hobos and the street out the front stank of piss.

welcome to the valley, its shit. homeless people hanging around everywhere. one of the worst spots in brisbane.

I could almost guarantee they will play The Arena again when they tour next - I don't think it would be in the promoters interest moving the shows to the Convention Centre or Riverstage. They will sell out The Arena whether it's 18+ or all ages, personally I think sound wise The Arena is great and still maintains intimacy.

You're right about the intimacy thing and the fact that the promoters may not want to move the show somewhere else.
I'll go anywhere if Opeth come back again! even to fortitude valley....man, what a HOLE! I'm new to Brisbane never been there before. Some drunken/glued up to his tits guy came to talk to us on the line, was quite funny really couldn't understand a word he said but he was also harmless. :loco:

You're right about the intimacy thing and the fact that the promoters may not want to move the show somewhere else.
I'll go anywhere if Opeth come back again! even to fortitude valley....man, what a HOLE! I'm new to Brisbane never been there before. Some drunken/glued up to his tits guy came to talk to us on the line, was quite funny really couldn't understand a word he said but he was also harmless. :loco:

Just about update re: The Arena - I have been told they have absolutely positively lost rights to hold All Ages shows.

baarg-Lol I saw this dude also - we were right at the front of the line, he'd been hanging around all afternoon since about 3pm, I think he was just walking past and got distracted.

Just about update re: The Arena - I have been told they have absolutely positively lost rights to hold All Ages shows.

baarg-Lol I saw this dude also - we were right at the front of the line, he'd been hanging around all afternoon since about 3pm, I think he was just walking past and got distracted.

HA! I'm sure even the Opeth guys saw that dude!
anyway....now according to Mike re the Arena....(see Mike's post in blubbermouth, someone posted that as a thread in this forum)

"In Brisbane the authorities made the show into a 18-plus show even though they'd advertised the gig as an all-ages show. It sucked! We had lots of kids coming up to us saying they couldn't get in. I guess it was a massive disappointment to a lot of people, but I swear we'll never play that place again. We'll make it up to you folks…. "

so there you go! I must say though, all those drunks made it kind of amusing as the wait was boring.