Opeth cd Boxset

terrorbakis

Nov 2, 2006
Sweden
Does anybody have the newly released Opeth boxset?
Is it any difference on the cd's compared to the regular ones? (except for the live cd offcourse..)

Cheers!

terrorbakis said:
Does anybody have the newly released Opeth boxset?
Is it any difference on the cd's compared to the regular ones? (except for the live cd offcourse..)

Cheers!
woah... this blows my mind, i never even knew about the boxset in the first place! my goal is to now obtain this boxset... but first i need money.... and a job... and i would also like to know more about it:headbang:

Yeah, i bought it. It looks like theyre the original CD's, not the reissues... Deliverance isnt white like the new one (the back of the case).

The Lamentations live CD is nice as well.

I've read on other boards that the packaging/artwork has a shitload of errors on it (spelling mistakes, incorrect tracklistings etc) - sounds like they hired the same folk who put together the documentary on the Gigantour DVD. :p

So yeah, a major label half-assing something and throwing it out there in an effort to make a few easy bucks off a band that isn't even on its books any more. Wow, I totally wouldn't have expected that in a million years. :p

I HAVE IT...saw the documentary....very nice...not as extensive as Id like...but still give a good insight into songwriting...and leaving of Martin....also tells you alil about teh beginnings of Opeth...!!......i was kindda disspaointed ion the Liner notes...id liek to read more....o well...still it was aweosme....its worth it for the marvelous cover of SoF alone..!!...his best vocal yet...!!!.....i got it for only like 17$...!!.........PEAC EOUT

EDIT...!!!...Crap wrong thread...sorry I though u guys were askin bout teh Deluxe GR...my bad...ill still leave this ....maybe someon else lost may find this helpfuil..!!.....PEAC EOUT

Hum i've read that about the Boxset Edition "The hard thing for fans here is that the version of Blackwater Park included is not the 2002 edition which contained a bonus disc, but the original 2001 version."

Someone mentioned a "Lamentations" CD as opposed to DVD...

I have also noticed today that there maybe a 2DVD version of Lamentations now. I have heard nothing of this until today.

I more interested to discover if there is anything new in the boxset.

Ok, it has- the original BWP, Damnation, Deliverance, and a CD of Lamentations (2 CDs, one the light set, the other the heavy).

I dont know if its something with my speakers, but with the lamentations CD's, there is a sort of buzzing sound that you can only hear at quiet moments... its really annoying. Anyone else have this?

Well, I just receved the Opeth Boxset in the mail, and I must say that I am pretty disappointed. Now, firstly... I am fully aware that Opeth themselves had nothing to do with this release, as it was surely a money grab at the hands of Koch. Here are some of the flaws that I noted immediately upon opening the product.

1. The front of the "slipcase" contains the full logo on front, and beneath reads "Collecter's Edition Slipcase"... picky, perhaps... but Collector's is spelled with an O. You know how I know? Because on the top panel, it reads "Collector's Edition Slipcase", spelled properly. I know, this is not a huge deal, but it's an elementary error. To have the word spelled incorrectly in 3 locations would be acceptable. But to have it spelled incorrectly in 2 locations, and correctly in 1 is laughable.

2. On the back panel of the "slipcase" track 4 on the Deliverance album is listed as "For Absent Minds". So next, I look to the back of the Deliverance album to see if it was misprinted as well. The back of the album lists track 4 on Deliverance correctly, as "For Absent Friends". Now, how in the HELL did nobody notice this before copies were sent out to retailers?

Maybe I'm being a whiney fucktard, but I work hard for my money, and to spend over $30 CDN on this, I expect it to be respectable.

One plus to the whole thing is the Lamentations setlist in full (one light set, one heavy set) on 2 separate CD's. Finally, an official release of Lamentations Live on CD.

I totally agree with you cheech.. I got my boxset today and i'm wondering if a retard has put this box together. I have also noticed that some of the songs starting with "the" are spelled like: "Drapery falls,The" But on the live cd same songs is spelled as it should be. However, nice with the live cd!

I totally agree with you cheech.. I got my boxset today and i'm wondering if a retard has put this box together. I have also noticed that some of the songs starting with "the" are spelled like: "Drapery falls,The" But on the live cd same songs is spelled as it should be. However, nice with the live cd!

This kind of error are on the slipcase or on the back of the cd's...are these the real ones...

Hi all. I am a new memeber and a huge Opeth fan.

The reason I am posting is for info on the boxset. I have looked at many webstes and I cannot seem to figure this out. Is the live CD in the set an exact copy of what is on the DVD? I looked and the track times don't match up at all. I don't want to buy it, if it has been edited to fit said discs. Can anyone help me out?

Second, did anyone order an autographed copy of "Ghost Reveries - Special Edition" for The End Records? If so, did you get it? I haven't gotten mine yet.

my friend just bought this box, total shit is all i can say. koch really fucked up on this one, alot of spelling errors as already mentioned, and the slipcase is just pathetic as well. they didnt do a single thing to make it look speciel or whatever, they just wanted some easy cash thats all. if your new to opeth and want more than one album, it might be a good deal but other than that stay away from this crap box..

I dont know if its something with my speakers, but with the lamentations CD's, there is a sort of buzzing sound that you can only hear at quiet moments... its really annoying. Anyone else have this?

I have the same problem with buzzing throughout both Lamentations CDs. Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed off at the hatchet job Koch did with the box set.

Second, did anyone order an autographed copy of "Ghost Reveries - Special Edition" for The End Records? If so, did you get it? I haven't gotten mine yet.

Yeah, I received my on last Friday and got hosed big time. My copy was not signed and it's missing the second disc. I'm real glad I pre-ordered the Special Edition.

Hum i've read that about the Boxset Edition "The hard thing for fans here is that the version of Blackwater Park included is not the 2002 edition which contained a bonus disc, but the original 2001 version."

yawn. what a waste. even though I guess it's still a good deal. still I don't know why they wouldn't include it

Yeah, I received my on last Friday and got hosed big time. My copy was not signed and it's missing the second disc. I'm real glad I pre-ordered the Special Edition.

So here's the deal with the autographed edition. Apparently there were a total of about 100 booklets available. For all distributors, of which The End is one. I was not given the amount that The End received, but you can safely assume it was not a big number. I ordered the damn thing a few hours after it was added to their site and did not get one. So it was well-intended gesture that was poorly executed. Clearly, the autographed booklet offer should have bene removed from the item listing once they knew there were no more booklets to be distributed.

I did receive an offer from them to return the set for a refund + shipping. Not going to do it. It's still a cool package, provided you get one with both discs!