opeth.com

AbsentFriend

Hail to the King
Mar 3, 2003
Tha Nethalandz!
I think the official website sucks. There's nothing new, ever!

Why does a huge band (IMO) like Opeth, not have a better website? I mean as a fan I want NEWS, SETLISTS, VIDEOS, MERCHANDISE (!!!!). They could make some money with merchandise on the official site right?!

Well, rock on Opeth!

I like the discography section with all the recording journals and stories, and i think they're really great.

Nevertheless, when about a year (or less) ago Opeth.com was supposed to be updated to a new look, I was really happy.... until I saw the "new and improved" opeth.com. You guys need to get someone who knows their stuff and is a good artist, and create a unique, beautiful web page. The current one is boring and dull.

Worst thing about opeth is its website..... thank god:p

sf

I think it´s mikael´s lady friend (can´t remember if they are married)

I Think the website is great. Your a fucking idiot for disliking it because their is nothing new. Thats not the websites fault, its the bands. As far as presentation, the site kicks ass.

I like the fact that Opeth's official forum is on UM cuz it sorta exposes you to eviler music !:headbang:... BUT, would I be hated to suggest it doesn't make sense that Opeth just doesn't have an official forum of their own, with multiple forums just for Opeth fans, so these Damnation haters and etc random haters that come here for bullshit reasons could be a rarer occasion.

Also, opeth.com doesn't suck... but it's just kinda... eh, the journals are nice, in fact they are REALLY kool, but there's not much else to do once you read that. I think it's kinda boring once you're an established fan, it's very friendly for new fans though, clips of songs right? I'd like more stuff is all I'm saying...

I love the journals.

Mikael's fiance (will be his wife this month) Anna runs the site, so she knows what she's talking about. But I agree, it could use more. I think it only kinda sucks because a female does it. I'm biased against girls.
Yes, that goes for myself as well.

No offense, Anna.

The journals do rock. That's where the story about the cough during the Moor comes from, although I still haven't heard that. Bands really should update more often on official sites. Just to say they're still alive or something. Now that Opeth's done with this tour, they should at least thank me for seeing them.

We definitely need merch though. I want to be able to order one of those Opeth thongs. For my girlfriend, of course...

The site is alright,but it could use some improvements too...just more updates I guess.
But I'm with those who want a merchandise section there too.Dark Tranquillity has had one for a while and Katatonia has one (though not a big one) on their site now too,so Opeth should follow the lead...and once they get some merch,please have other sizes than XL too.

i just feel the site looks like crap. its not inventive enough....

for a band as original as opeth I would hope they had just as artistic a web site... oh well. I forgive them cause its Mike's wife to be running it, and I wouldnt want to piss her off :p

The one thing I like most in band sites are the POLLS for best album and best song (at least best album...) like in Theatre of Tragedy's and Therion's sites (Dimmu Borgir's used to have one too).
That would spare us from having these endless polls here...! Which are always fun, BTW