Opeth concert

Opth_001

Space the final frontier
Nov 5, 2001
Denver Colorado
Visit site
I made it to the concert tonight and it was sweet!!!!!!

I thought they had the order of bands mixed up but anyways I had to take it the way it was. Fist of there was a no-name band that I don't even remeber the name of the. But I thought they really sucked, so they've already taken up to much of this thread. . . After that band Katatonia played and let me tell you they were sweet. They played most of there songs of of LFDGD, and Tonights Decision. Which happend to be the 2 that I have. a couple of songs that they played were:

Tonights music
for my demons
chrome
Tear gas
sweet nurse

and a couple of other ones that were on other album that I don't know. I think he might have said one was called "brave heart" but I don't know cause I'm not too familar with there music. They also did this insrumental that was only about 2 min. long but it was pretty cool :cool: . The last song that they did Jonas Renkse wasn't even singing they had some othere guy sing and it wasn't Mikael and he was doing some death metal stuff, I though that song was alright.

After waiting for what seemed like an hour, the prep guys got opeth sign up and all the insturment tuned and the drums set up, the light people dicided to wait another miniute or two before they turned the light down and let opeth come in. But they finally did and everybody walked in like they where the "shit" and the crowd was like WOOOO!!!!!!, opeth walks over and pick up there insturment and go straight into "the leper affinity," and everyone was like woooo again. after that there play list from what I saw was:

White Cluster
forest of October from orcaid
bleak
Creadence

than I had to go but last time they played demon of the fall after that. But that was a sweet concert :headbang:

Well I'm getting tired and need to go to bed hope you enjoyed my thead even though I not much of a writer (duuu), and I hope I didn't bore you to death with my story well goodnight

Two things:

holy shit! They played Bleak?!!!! (!!!)

and secondly,

holy shit! you think Novembre is a sucky no-name band?! carmelo orlando is awesome!

Do you think it's to much to ask for Opeth to come to the US, Tulsa, Oklahoma? I mean, I know that this is a nowhere place. But is it really to much to ask? For the love of God (just an expression)! I want to see them before I die. There's one more personal responsibility.:mad:

I hope they come here, or somewhere near here, sometime in the near future.

Originally posted by Jayde
Do you think it's to much to ask for Opeth to come to the US, Tulsa, Oklahoma? I mean, I know that this is a nowhere place. But is it really to much to ask? For the love of God (just an expression)! I want to see them before I die. There's one more personal responsibility.:mad:

I hope they come here, or somewhere near here, sometime in the near future.

I'm sorry I have to break the news for you but they alread played in the states for the bwp album :( I saw them in chicago and I know they played in Denver too. They where playing with

God forbid
Angel Dust
and
Nevermore

it was a sweet concert but unfortunaly in was at hard rock cafe so the sound wasn't all that good :(. You should check out there web site http://www.opeth.com you can check out there tour dates and send mikael e-mail if you want to it's pretty cool:cool:.
Well I'll chat at ya later hope you enjoyed my thread if not who cares

Originally posted by saturnix

holy shit! you think Novembre is a sucky no-name band?! carmelo orlando is awesome!

sorry I didn't know who they where, they are a band from Italy right? and it just seemed like most of the stuff they did was very typical I mean they are a sweet band it just the music didn't do anything for me.