Opeth "Damnation" review @ DigitalMetal

fuck me,what is this bastard trying to do to us.

now the wait is gonna seem like two years instead of two months.I keep on thinking back to when i first heard opeth,and how much i freaked my ass off over it,it exceed the limit of sheer greatness that my brian capacity could handle.And back in october when i heard Deliverance,i fucking freaked again,and went even more insane.If i remember rightly,we were all stoned,and had to turn the cd off cos we couldnt handle it.But that was just stoner behaviour.

But if those occasions were that great,and this dude has just said that Damnation is possibly the best Opeth album yet...

then this might kill me.....if i stop posting in two months,then you know why!

I don't think I've ever felt this way after reading an album review. It's like a feeling of uneasiness or almost fear.

Damnation is going to be good. I know it.

I respect Chris as a reviewer and he is a real good writer, but that review, from a journalistic standpoint, was pretty weak from Chris' standards. Some people are getting mixed up with the fact that it praised Damnation instead of if it actually is a good review, yet they say it was the greatest...anyway, cool cool.

How did you get the promo so early, man? They haven't sent them out yet, have they?

Again, thanks for the comments. How did I get the album? From a 'reliable' source. Can't say more than that. No cover means that MFN aren't ready to release it yet, so I have to respect that.

Originally posted by poldarn
oh yeah..why wasn't the album cover shown in the review ?
Two probable reasons:

a) Chris Dick most likely had an early promo or a burned copy from a band member with no artwork, and

b) The final album cover artwork isn't finished yet. It hasn't been released to the public yet, but it'll be on their site before the release date, just like "Deliverance" was.

cool review
can't wait to hear it, yet at the same time i can
just because anticipating an album can be hard, but it's also pretty cool because it gives you something to really look forward to
i remember when i got my deliverance digipack in the mail the saturday before deliverance came out
it was one of the greatest feelings ever when i opened up the box and had the brand new opeth
then i put in my cd player and heard wreath for the first time, and the rest of the album for the first time...good memory

FAR TOO LONG TO WAIT.. gimme.

43 minutes seems a bit short for an Opeth album - I find albums of that length just end too soon, no matter how good the songs are (first few that come to mind are NIN - Broken and APC - Mer de Noms, but a lot of ppl here hate that shit ;)