Opeth 'delay' Australian Tour

cityofthemoon666 said:
im sorry to here that they coming later
but im gald that they hoefully gonna come to perth, positive and negative
Postive and Negative? :err:

Well I'm glad to hear that everone else is chuffed about this fucking news.... :bah:

Actually now that I think about it... they might not play an all-mellow set after all.

April could be in the middle of another tour next year, and if there was another tour going on, it wouldn't be another Damnation promo tour... so they'll be well-rehearsed in whatever songs they're doing for that tour, and not as well prepared to do an all-mellow set.

So this makes it more likely it'll be a mixed set... because they'd have to rehearse a new set of songs just for like 2 weeks worth of Damnation shows, so it wouldn't be worth it.

I hope by some miracle/act of God that they come to New Zealand.

No one comes to New Zealand....... The most metal gig I've ever been to is The Datsuns lol.

Its only recently that you've even been able to buy Opeth in stores in my city. And even then its real expensive :(

Oh well......

Hello everyone, This is my first post. so yeah..... Hi *waves*

I may get killed for saying what i'm about to say, but this is fucking FANTASTIC news!!!! I was so disappointed that i couldn't see them last time they came by because of my age, and then when i heard they were coming again in December i was still disappointed, since my brithday is Feb 25th.
Now that i hear they won't be out until AFTER my birthday i'm over the fucking moon!!!!!
WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like i will get to see Opeth before i die!!!
:hotjump::tickled::loco::D

Hi folks,

I was in a shopping centre the other day when I came across a girl wearing an Opeth T-shirt [a rarity around these areas]. She said Opeth will play in Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth(!) but not Sydney or Brisbane.

I am really looking forward to their visit here, so I hope this is unsubstantiated. Their website gives no information either. It would be great if someone could clarify this.

Nice to see so many metallers with taste :)

NP: "Still Day Beneath The Sun" [ 2:07/4:34 | 46% ] by Opeth from "Blackwater Park (Limited Edition, Disc 2)" [2001] [MP3, 181 kbps, foobar2000 v0.7.2]

Strat666 said:
Hi folks,

I was in a shopping centre the other day when I came across a girl wearing an Opeth T-shirt [a rarity around these areas]. She said Opeth will play in Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth(!) but not Sydney or Brisbane.

I am really looking forward to their visit here, so I hope this is unsubstantiated. Their website gives no information either. It would be great if someone could clarify this.

Nice to see so many metallers with taste :)
Did you ask her how she knew? Coz that sounds like bullshit... Adelaide and Perth combined wouldn't have the population of Sydney... not to mention Brisbane as well.

plattopus said:
Did you ask her how she knew?
Yeah, I did. She mentioned some website/forum but didn't name it. She also claimed they Opeth will play three shows in Melbourne :bah:

She said she e-mailed the manager to reconsider adding Brisbane and Sydney. I certainly hope they do, the major moolah lies there.

sands of the seas said:
I may get killed for saying what i'm about to say, but this is fucking FANTASTIC news!!!! I was so disappointed that i couldn't see them last time they came by because of my age, and then when i heard they were coming again in December i was still disappointed, since my brithday is Feb 25th.
Now that i hear they won't be out until AFTER my birthday i'm over the fucking moon!!!!!
WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like i will get to see Opeth before i die!!!
:hotjump::tickled::loco::D
You cunt. :bah:

Strat666 said:
You suck. :bah:

Man, I don't think I've seen a grrl in ANY metal shirt up here....... and of only seen two other guys besides me in Opeth T's..... :sad:

And the chick said what she said because those were the only confirmed venues at the time... they were still in negotiations/discussions with venues in the other cities, but obviously things were cancelled before that became an issue.....

Strat666 said:
Ummmmm, what are you talking about. :err: Look at the website.

Strat666 said:
Yeah, I did. She mentioned some website/forum but didn't name it. She also claimed they Opeth will play three shows in Melbourne :bah:

She said she e-mailed the manager to reconsider adding Brisbane and Sydney. I certainly hope they do, the major moolah lies there.
Yes there were three announced shows in Melbourne, Twas intended to be the final leg of the tour at one point (or at least an extended break till next dates was planned). And 're-adding' Brissy and Sydney won't be an issue, like I said above, they'll re-enter discussion before they plan on coming back out here again.

Hell if you won't take MY word for it, accept the fact that they said they'll try to make it out to PERTH since the delay in the tour, and that's the most counter-cost-productive and smallest show on this leg of the tour (as demonstrated for D1 tour), so of course they intended to play Sydney and Brisbane. :bah:

Spike said:
Man, I don't think I've seen a grrl in ANY metal shirt up here....... and of only seen two other guys besides me in Opeth T's..... :sad:
Trust me, they're not common here. Then again, this is Brisbane... :rolleyes:
Hell if you won't take MY word for it, accept the fact that they said they'll try to make it out to PERTH ... so of course they intended to play Sydney and Brisbane. :bah:
Of course I believe you, if for no other reason than the fact that you have accumulated so many green nuggets under your avatar :heh:

Judas Pissed said:
God you're a dick Spike. Fucking chill. Eternally. Jeez... :rolleyes:
Yes but I'm a FUCKING RIGHT DICK!! So Nyeh! :loco:

Wait a minute... that didn't come out quite the way I intended.... :oops:

Oh well. *Sigh*

*Takes a chill pill*

@JP: I F*ck in your general direction. :loco:

[cypher]Why oh WHY did take the RED PILL. :erk: [/cypher]

Looks like news Opeth news on the Aussie front has died off.. mmay have to consider 'unstickyfying' this thread soonish....